Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

esqted

Hi Folks - this Hotel is advertised as very cruise friendly with an airport shuttle and a shuttle to the cruiseport. The rate of $175 seems about average for a Saturday night stay (12/16-17) and my experience with Marriott is that they are usually pretty nice properties.

Anyone have any comments on this property or advice on a nicer (under $175) or more convenient place? Experience with this Hotel?

Thanks!

It's a relatively new Courtyard located next to a Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World and the Fishing Hall of Fame. Most prefer to stay closer to the port on 17th Street because of the many shops and restaurants nearby, but for one night I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Courtyard.

////

Thanks for the reply. In reading other threads it did look like 17th was the place to be so I switched the reservation over to the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel at 1617 Southeast 17th Street. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. In reading other threads it did look like 17th was the place to be so I switched the reservation over to the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel at 1617 Southeast 17th Street. Thanks!

Good choice, can't get much closer, you could virtually walk to the port from the Renaissance! (I'm certain that wouldn't go over too well with my better half, though! :eek:)

Also, if you request an upper floor room on the south east side, you'll have a fabulous front row view of Port Everglades; terminals 1 & 2 are right across the street).

Archived