United Airport Parking at Port of Miami

Birdnutty

Costs about half of the port's parking charges - $40 for 5 days. I found it on the internet. Is anybody familiar with it? They claim to be 10 to 15 minutes from the port, with free shuttle service. Suggestions?

Thanks!

I have not used it, but noticed it is valet. I prefer to park my car and keep the keys. I know on boards for other ports people have complained that their cars were driven many miles while they were out on their cruise.

Who knows where your car will be or the level of security?

• 1 month later...

We are leaving on the Pearl on Friday. Port parking will be $150 for the time we will be gone. I looked at car rentals, family favors, and long-term parking. I will have to decide by tomorrow whether we will be using either United or CBM. I believe we used the place called Continental one time when we flew out of Miami for a week. We got back in the pouring rain and did not notice the ding in the back bumper until we got home. : (

I think we will use whoever has self-parking in hopes that there wouldn't be any reason to move our car. They have weekly rates of about $50 plus the additional days. I'll let you know how I make out.

• 2 years later...

You can do a forum search on this board. It has been mentioned many times with both pros and cons. I've read rates have gone up to 12.00 a day. If that is correct, I'd park at the port for the safety and convenience. Persoanlly, I wouldn't leave my keys with any parking lot attendant whicle I was gone for a week or more. :rolleyes:

Note that United Airport Parking disclaims all responsibility and leaves you to directly deal with their Miami "associate" if you have any problem with the parking, your car or the financial transaction.

• 1 year later...

I was thinking about using United Airport Parking, I've noticed that most of the posts on here are several years old, but I guess I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I've been doing some research on parking in Miami and $20 a day is just too much in my book. I don't want to be down $100 before my cruise even starts. I checked out United Airport Parking and you can do self service parking (they are not valet only anymore), plus they offer a free shuttle to and from the port. Not only that, but for 5 days they quoted me at $44, that includes the parking itself ($7 a day) plus a service fee and tax. $44 a day sounds a lot better than $100. Has anyone used them before and if so, would you recommend them?

• 3 months later...

I have been looking at reviews and posts all morning. I only seem to see negatives from the Ft. Lauderdale location. Has anyone used the POM location and if so, their thoughts and or concerns/compliments?

Thanks much, upcoming cruise in 3 weeks....

Actually Unitedairportparking.com is a reservation website that reserves parking for private companies,the Miami location is a pretty nice garage,is secure and the service is quite good.You can also call the parking company directly and reserve at 1-800-435-3195,we have used them 3 times and no problems at all. Good luck

• 3 years later...
I was thinking about using United Airport Parking, I've noticed that most of the posts on here are several years old, but I guess I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I've been doing some research on parking in Miami and $20 a day is just too much in my book. I don't want to be down $100 before my cruise even starts. I checked out United Airport Parking and you can do self service parking (they are not valet only anymore), plus they offer a free shuttle to and from the port. Not only that, but for 5 days they quoted me at $44, that includes the parking itself ($7 a day) plus a service fee and tax. $44 a day sounds a lot better than $100. Has anyone used them before and if so, would you recommend them?

I definitely will try them.. they quoted me 68 dollars for the week in December.

I definitely will try them.. they quoted me 68 dollars for the week in December.

This is an eight year old thread.

I suggest you park at the port. Parking outside the port isn't the safest or best idea. While some may be okay, it's really a crapshoot.