Tampa Transportation Question

Travelwiser13

We're staying at Embassy Suites Lakeshore in Tampa. I've read all the messages regarding other hotels and transportation and saw nothing mentioned regarding this one. I called the hotel directly to find out our options since they do not provide a shuttle to the port. They said our options are either a taxi or the supershuttle, of course a limo as well. There are 7 of us which would mean 2 taxis. Does anyone have any suggestions? The supershuttle site only lists for airport listings even though it had a drop down for the hotel it wouldn't allow me to use it.

Yes it is that one but I didn't receive any responses so after contemplating all the information I switched to the Hilton since they are known for their transportation. They told me it was $5 per person for the shuttle, however, they don't transport back to their hotel after?:( That is *unless* there is a shuttle available in the area already transporting.

Now I'm at a loss again since I've read so much on here about the Hilton's transportation and I believe I read that it was free to the port. Seems something I may have missed somewhere about this all.

As for the taxi from Embassy, I was quoted a pretty high rate, even with it only being 6 miles, for it to pick us all up and take us to the port. We'd need 2 taxis. I feel like maybe I'm being taken for a ride before I actually even get to the *ride* part!:eek:

I'm trying to keep expenses down between needing a room(s) to accommodate 7 people and transportation to the port.

Travelwiser13,

Here is the fare that yellow cab charges in Clearwater, FL from their website:

Taxi Rates

Meter rate $2.25 for the first 1/4th of a mile or 96 seconds waiting time,

and $2.00 each additional mile and 50 cents per minute waiting time.

I honestly can't see Tampa being much different. I think the Embassy was trying to pull one over on you. Perhaps they have their own drivers and charge an outrageous rate?

I hope you have a wonderful cruise regardless!

We're staying at Embassy Suites Lakeshore in Tampa. I've read all the messages regarding other hotels and transportation and saw nothing mentioned regarding this one. I called the hotel directly to find out our options since they do not provide a shuttle to the port. They said our options are either a taxi or the supershuttle, of course a limo as well. There are 7 of us which would mean 2 taxis. Does anyone have any suggestions? The supershuttle site only lists for airport listings even though it had a drop down for the hotel it wouldn't allow me to use it.

With seven of you I would be thinking at least three taxi's if they are sedans. If vans then you should be ok. With four of us would tax two taxi's. :D Got to get all that luggage in.

Archived