Cabin 634 on the Shadow...need help right away

LibLively

We are trying to book a cruise on the Shadow, and the only mid-ship veranda suite left is 634 which is located next door to the launderette. Has anyone been in this cabin and how noisy was it? On our last trip we were across the hall from the launderette and there was no noise problem at all, but I'm really concerned about 634 as it is right next door. To get the washers to work on the Shadow, you have to really slam the doors of the machines. I'm thinking you could hear this in 634. I know the launderette is supposedly closed after 10pm until 8 the next morning, but I found people were in the launderette earlier and later than that on our cruise. The washers operated constantly...no break...all day every day as there are only two on this deck...and none on some of the higher decks. I would appreciate any help, as we have to decide very quickly. I know we can waitlist for another suite, but I'd like to hear from someone who's actually been in this suite. Thanks

I haven't been on the Shadow, but I have been in the same suite on the Whisper. It is NOT a problem at all. I was with my mom for a few weeks, on that trip, and she was three months in that cabin. She is going again this fall and asked for the same cabin. It's partiuclarly convenient if you don't have 100 days, and free laundry... Don't worry. It's great.

I have seen many posts, touting that website in the last week... on multiple threads... all from you!? Are you trying to get business for this particular travel site? Do you work for it? I think enough is enough. This is supposed to be a forum. Moderator?

I have seen many posts, touting that website in the last week... on multiple threads... all from you!? Are you trying to get business for this particular travel site? Do you work for it? I think enough is enough. This is supposed to be a forum. Moderator?

You are right! In March this chararacter said he/she has booked a cruise identical to someone else that was of such great value they wanted to compare prices. Some months later (the note above!) and another posted today and they apparently have no first hand experience - but a friend has booked through them instead.

About time they were blocked?

If you can give me any info I would appreciate it. We did a back-to-back Alaska cruise on the Shadow in June. It was great...we had a mid-ship Veranda across the hall from the launderette on 6 and it was no problem. I'm concerned because this cabin (634) is right next door to it. Are you in 634 on your cruise? If you stop in Wrangell and there's a shrimp stand on the pier, stop and eat there!! We had the best shrimp and crab I've ever tasted sitting there right on the pier! Where in Westport are you?

If you can give me any info I would appreciate it. We did a back-to-back Alaska cruise on the Shadow in June. It was great...we had a mid-ship Veranda across the hall from the launderette on 6 and it was no problem. I'm concerned because this cabin (634) is right next door to it. Are you in 634 on your cruise? If you stop in Wrangell and there's a shrimp stand on the pier, stop and eat there!! We had the best shrimp and crab I've ever tasted sitting there right on the pier! Where in Westport are you?

Of course the suite MAY not be a problem. The only thing is "murphy's law" ie what can go wrong will go wrong. If you're worried about it - change it now - if you don't and it IS a problem you're kick yourself.

Archived