Luggage post-cruise in Vancouver?

darcyj

Has anyone figured out what to do with luggage in Vancouver when their flight does not leave till late afternoon and they are off the boat at 9am? We thought of taxi back to our original hotel and store there and then do more sightseeing, but if there are large lockers at the pier or maybe taxi to airport, check luggage with skycap and then off in taxi (need to go thru customs back to US tho). I suspect we may just have to hang out at the Vancouver airport for hours.. Anyone tried anything else?

Thanks!

darcy

There is a luggage check right at the dock (Canada Place) just to the left of the main exit doors form the terminal.

However check and see if your cruise line offers the US Direct service. If they do you can check your luggage straight thru to your home airport form the ship and you will not have to deal with it in Vancouver. Friends used this serivce and it was great. They put out hteir luggage the night beofre and when they got off the ship we were waiting to pick them up and off we went to sightsee till their flight time in the early evening.

Enjoy your time in Vancouver.

• 1 month later...

I just found out we will be coming in to Ballantyne and need the same information on luggage storage. We debark at 7am and don't catch the Amtrak to Seattle till 6 pm that evening but would like to look around Vancouver during the day. Any ideas? Also where is the Amtrak station in Vancouver?

Thanks,

Susan

I'm taking an uneducated guess here and saying that there is no Lockers at Ballantyne. It's not mentioned is the above link at Ports Canada and I do not remember seeing any. It's an older wharehouse type building..

Here is link for directions to train station. Via/Amtrak and buses all go out of the same building so I would think there would be some way of storing there. Maybe contact Amtrak direct.

http://www.viarail.ca/train-stations/en-station-vancouver-british-columbia.html

The station would be a good starting point anywyas for your day in Vancouver. Just a short taxi ride from Ballantyne pier.

Archived