Food/restaurants at FLL?

KauaiKris

We'll be flying into FLL on Friday night. We don't get there until about 7:30pm, and coming from the west coast, we'll probably all be hungry. I'm wondering what options there will be at the airport at that time in the evening. I've never been through FLL so don't know what to expect. Anyone know? Thanks.

Go the North American Homeport forum and scroll to East coast ports. There is a wealth of info; not just hotels but restaurants. I have been through the airport but just get off and get to my hotel.

marilyn

This may not be the exact answer that you want, but there is a fabulous place called South Port Raw bar on the waterway. Awesome place, lots of locals and terrific oysters. Take a taxi not far from the airport, get yourself some oysters and a beer and enjoy this place. We've been counting down the days till we get there.

Thanks everyone,

We're actually going to be spending that one night at the Holiday Inn Express on 84th, which I understand isn't the greatest area to be wandering around at night. I'd just figured that by the time we got there, got our luggage, took the shuttle to the hotel and got settled it would be pretty late, so thought eating at the airport would be easiest. But all suggestions are invited.

My brother has just informed me that he has no appropriate footwear for the beach or Dunn River Falls. And living in rainy Seattle, there aren't a lot of places to buy such footwear in December. Anyone know of a place nearby this hotel (approximately 2301 SW 12th Ave, off 84th) that he could obtain what he needs?

Living in Fort lauderdale, I would strongly recommend that you donot eat at the airport. terminals are far a part and you realy can only walk to them. if you tell me which hotel you are staying at I can help you

We are arriving around 6-7 am before boarding the freedom in MIA any suggestions for breakfast? Also back in town for the afternoon before flying home...oysters sound lovely, any other suggestions?

Are you talking about the HIX on State Route 84? If so, Lester's Diner is just down the street. Hotel would probably shuttle you. One of the best diners in the area. There is also a Winn Dixie across the street, would probably have an aisle with beach accessories.

Archived