just booked with cosol and have ??s

EMS326

Just booked with Cosol! We are doing a private tour with him (6 people). Questions..

1) The email I got in resopnse from him just said "thanks for booking, see you at 8:20am" is there anything else I need to do? where do I go?

2) He said we'd stop at the Hilton for swimming/snorkeling. Do we rent snorkeling gear there, or how does that work?

thanks!

Just booked with Cosol! We are doing a private tour with him (6 people). Questions..

1) The email I got in resopnse from him just said "thanks for booking, see you at 8:20am" is there anything else I need to do? where do I go?

2) He said we'd stop at the Hilton for swimming/snorkeling. Do we rent snorkeling gear there, or how does that work?

thanks!

1) When we booked with him, he was waiting inside the cruise terminal thing with a sign that said Cosol.

2) Yes, you can rent snorkeling gear there, or just go swimming. If you just go swimming, there is no charge...unless you want to rent a beach chair to use. I think that was like twenty dollars, but we didnt get one so I am not 100% positive. We were only there for 30-45 minutes, so we didnt do the snorkeling...just swam a bit.

thanks!

Hi ~ we have a tour with Cosol on February 8th and he emailed us the following: I will be waiting for you at the security booth, ask to show you the way to the security booth which is next to the taxi stand and I will have a sign which says "COSOL" at the "Lobby"! Hope this helps ~ Els

We booked Cosol on our November cruise. We had a great time and it was a good tour. We gave good information and was up on what was happening in St Lucia. As a treat for him I suggest you take a few apples off of the ship for him.

The roads in St lucia are in great shape but was twisty. If any one tends to get car sick sit in the front.

The only thing we were disappointed in was that he never took us to the beach. Early in the tour he said the water would not be good for snorkeling as they had a hard rain. When some asked about stopping for swimming and snorkeling he nicely said we had discussed that the water would not be clear. When we got back to the ship people who had gone swimming said the water was very clear.

It was not a major concern as the tour was excellent just a heads up to get confirmation of what you want to see.

We were on a Thanksgiving cruise (Crown Princess), and toured with Cosol on Nov. 21st. I would recommend him 110%!! He was very kind, friendly and knowledgeable, and constantly smiling and laughing. A great guy.

I emailed him only a week in advance, and sent me the same response. But sure enough, he was there waiting with a sign that said "Cosol". PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring him a few apples off the ship - just keep them in your bag and give them to him when you see him, or at the end of the trip to surprise him. I had read about his love of apples (as had everyone else on the excursion), but we all forgot to bring him some! (Apples are very expensive in St. Lucia.) So please bring him a few - he'll be very grateful! We had a fairly small group (6 of us total) go with Cosol in his van - very nice, air conditioning, big windows for viewing, etc. The roads aren't nearly as bad as I had imagined after reading posts such as this. He's a great driver. The food, stops, views, commentary, etc. were all top-notch.

About the poster that didn't get to stop at the beach - if going to the beach is important to you, make it clear at the beginning that that's your top priority. He's very flexible, and will find a way to make it work for you. The "Hilton" that he takes you to is no longer the Hilton, but the Jalousie Plantation (you can google it for the resort's website and pictures) - a gorgeous beach right between the two Pitons. To rent chairs is $20/hr, but noone in our group rented them, as we stayed in the beautiful water pretty much the whole time. A couple in our group brought their own snorkel gear, but you can rent it too. They were avid divers, and the woman was not a huge snorkeling fan, but she said it was the best snorkeling she had seen in a long time.

Just so you know, the weather was quite rainy all day, off and on in spurts. But was still our most favorite stop and excursion on our 7-day, 5-port cruise! Sorry for the long post, just wanted to pass along our experiences in St. Lucia. HAVE FUN!!

and had a wonderful tour. We were in St Lucia last week and the weather was wonderful as was the tour with Cosol.

You will meet him at the welcome center/security building that all pax must pass thru when leaving the ship. Ask at the information desk if you do not see him with his Cosol sign when you arrive. We were early, and they actually called him to let him know we were there. There were about 12 of us total in the van and it was great fun.

We went thru the rain forest, to the waterfall (swam in it), to the banana plantation, he got bananas for all of us plus had a cooler with Piton beer and Paradise bottled water, rum punch plus Cokes in the back of the van included in the $45pp price we paid, he bought fish cakes and johnny cakes from "Big Momma" at the waterfall for us, gave everyone a taste of spice rum at another stop, etc., we also stopped at a little roadside house that was a small inn and bar with restrooms and a gorgeous view, and we ended at the beach between the Pitons for swimming and snorkeling. Snorkel gear was $11, but the views above are so beautiful it isn't necessary to snorkel, just float on your back and look up at the Pitons. The hotel used to be a Hilton and is now called Jalousie - it is very exclusive and would be a great place for a land visit to St Lucia.

Cosol is a lot of fun, very knowledgeable and likable and eagar to please. I recommend him wholeheartedly. One thing you should be aware is that he owns six vans, and has other drivers including his brother, so on a busy day with a lot of ships in port you could end up with someone other than Cosol, but trained and paid by him. I'm sure that all his drivers are very good and you can feel assured of a great tour with any of them.

We have COSCOL for our Cruise the Week of Jan. 21st

He has emailed me several times... VERY FAST..

Emailed ONCE just to say HI and can't wait to see you.

SOOO I Am excited for our group to get to his wonderful Island

and have the day with him...

Ron, sorry I just found your request for info. I will copy the info from his buisness card ~

Cosol's Taxi Service

Air Conditioned Minibus Taxi * TX 966 (tag number)

Call Nereus "Cosol" Francis at:

Cell (758)719-6697

Home (758) 450-6848

c/o Babonneau P. O.

Castries, Stl Lucia, W. I.

Email: cosol966@hotmail.com

Reliable, Courteous and Esperienced Driving for Tours,

Transfers, Sightseeing, Shopping Trips, etc.

Archived