FYI, in cabin WiFi completed on Voyager

caviargal

For anyone who, like me, has to download email and work a bit while on vacation, I had an email from RSSC yesterday in response to my inquiry about the status of in cabin WiFi.

I was notified that all cabins have been completed and that WiFi is now available.

It does make it easier than having to visit the internet cafe:)

For anyone who, like me, has to download email and work a bit while on vacation, I had an email from RSSC yesterday in response to my inquiry about the status of in cabin WiFi.

I was notified that all cabins have been completed and that WiFi is now available.

It does make it easier than having to visit the internet cafe:)

Interesting news, but I am not carting a laptop all that way, so it is still the computer room for me,though only for contacting friends and relatives.

I do not participate in that dreadful four-letter word activity............... work!!:)

I am sure the blackberry has an "OFF" button. Nice to know I will be able to use it to send e-mails back to work!!:D

Little Sister, not sure how time is charge on RSSC but I would check and see. Cellular service was very pricey on my last two cruises and email time more reasonable.

Just a thought:)

I'm very excited about having Wifi in cabin on the Voyager for my 2 week trip next year. Does anyone know what the usage fees are? I have read two different things about this. One was something about only charging for minutes as used. The second was that there were bulk packages of minutes available for purchase (10, 20 hours, etc.)

If anyone has any current info I'd appreciate it.

Prices this spring were: Internet access is $.35 per minute or you can buy packages to bring the price down to .20 to .25 per minute. Like 250 minutes for $50. Plus there may be an activation charge of a few dollars to get started. After at least 21 nights aboard RSSC ships, then you get free Internet.

Debbie

Will the WiFi be available for all of the cabins? That could tempt me to switch from the Navigator to the Voyager for the spring crossing. On the Navigator I was told that even after their dry dock it wasn't likely that the lower cabins would actually have WiFi. Like a lot of other questions, they were very evasive and avoided giving straight answers. I had it on deck 7 over the suimmer, but not on 6 for the crossing. I prefer deck 6, but hated having to go the the lounge to handle confidential material. Couldn't switch for the spring crossing because by that time there weren't any desireable cabins left on 7. Decks 6 and 7 seem to go quickly.

Anyway, the free internet spoils me!

JoAnne B

Archived