Someone cheer me up PLEASE

heyitsmejudy

I've planned since February for a family vacation to Freeport and Nassau over Christmas. I'm now finding that not only will there be little if anything open in Freeport on Christmas, but not even the straw market will be open on the 26th. I'm terribly upset and even tempted to cancel and see if we can postpone the trip.

Does anyone know of anything that WILL be open that can even attempt to salvage this trip?

I've planned since February for a family vacation to Freeport and Nassau over Christmas. I'm now finding that not only will there be little if anything open in Freeport on Christmas, but not even the straw market will be open on the 26th. I'm terribly upset and even tempted to cancel and see if we can postpone the trip.

Does anyone know of anything that WILL be open that can even attempt to salvage this trip?

If you're in Nassau on the 26th.. the Junkanoo Parade takes place from mid-night to early morning.. After the parade, stores along the side streets will reopen, and most tour will be available from the wharf.

What were you interested in doing that is closed? Straw market type vendors can be found in many areas including Festival Place, along the wharf, Cable Beach and on Paradise island at the bazaar.

The beaches are still accessible, as well as the historic sites and forts.

Ardastra says open every day except Christmas Day so I would think they are open on the 26th.

http://www.ardastra.com/

I would think so, too, nola, but the chick that answered the phone when I called there said they were closed. Just called her back and she said (and not none too happily) that they were under new management and the Web site was wrong.

Archived