New Rewards Program-Dawn 11-26.06

angeljt

New Rewards Program

I am copying this from the paper they gave us.

If you book a future cruise on board your cruise with a deposit of $250, you will receive a $100. onboard credit for the cruise you are on, you can book through any agent, priority embarkation for current cruise, and $50 off a pre or post hotel stay of two or more consecutive nights.

The benefits for your next NCL cruise onboard will be priority check-in and disembarkation and a special in-cabin amenity.

Your deposit can be used toward any NCL cruise (based on availability), your deposit can be applied against the best available rate. This offer is only available onboard.

You can book when you get home, I believe you have 18 months to book.

That's what I wanted to hear. I'm going on the Dawn in April with my whole family but I'm seriously considering taking my 10 yo DD on the Spirit in Aug. I was hoping to be able to put down the deposit then book it when we get home( if DH will let me:mad: )

I wonder if the same promotion will be on other ships?

This program started on the DAWN in late June, we purchased it in early July. Actually we each purchased one, and had $200 of onboard credit for that cruise. There have been postings about the $250 rewards certificate being accepted as full deposit for another cruise, but we had to pay $550 and use the certificate when we booked our 2008 cruise using the certificate. We may have just talked to someone who wasn't fully aware of the new program at the time.

I wonder if the same promotion will be on other ships?

We were on the Sun 11/19-11/26 and this wasn't being offered. The gentleman that we spoke with said you had to pick a sailing and book it onboard. Not sure if I misunderstood what he was saying/meaning, he was wrong or the program wasn't offered.

We were on the Dawn in July and bought into the rewards program. We did get the $100 OBC for that cruise, plus priority disembarcation. Came home and booked a cruise on the Dream for May 2007 and all the deposit I needed was that $250 I had already paid. It is a great plan, looking forward to see what goodies are in the cabin in May. I have not heard of this being offered on anyother ship but the Dawn. Hope this helps. I did have to talk to 3 diffrent people when I booked before I found someone who knew about the program.

Vicki

We were on the Dawn in July and bought into the rewards program. We did get the $100 OBC for that cruise, plus priority disembarcation. Came home and booked a cruise on the Dream for May 2007 and all the deposit I needed was that $250 I had already paid. It is a great plan, looking forward to see what goodies are in the cabin in May. I have not heard of this being offered on anyother ship but the Dawn. Hope this helps. I did have to talk to 3 diffrent people when I booked before I found someone who knew about the program.

Vicki

Forgot to mention, I got the $50 credit for my post stay in London after our upcoming May cruise. I did not book my cruise onboard the Dawn. Did it later from Home.

So, they give you a CREDIT that you basically spend on the current cruise. What happens if you do not book another cruise in the 18 month period. Is the deposit gone? Do they want their OBC back?

They give you 30 days once you get home that you can cancel the Rewards Program certificates, and you will get back $150 of your $250 deposit......so they take out for the $100 of on board credit.

If you do not book a cruise within the 18 month period (at least I think it is 18 months to book) I believe you lose out on the $250 you spent for the program.

You can transfer your $250 certificate to someone else, fine print says that there will be a $25 charge I believe....but I was told in July when I asked about it that they weren't charging the transfer fee.

New Rewards Program

I am copying this from the paper they gave us.

If you book a future cruise on board your cruise with a deposit of $250, you will receive a $100. onboard credit for the cruise you are on, you can book through any agent, priority embarkation for current cruise, and $50 off a pre or post hotel stay of two or more consecutive nights.

The benefits for your next NCL cruise onboard will be priority check-in and disembarkation and a special in-cabin amenity.

Your deposit can be used toward any NCL cruise (based on availability), your deposit can be applied against the best available rate. This offer is only available onboard.

This will be our first NCL cruise (Dawn) in a long time. We normally go Princess. Princess has on board bookings for only $100.00 . You get credit based on the number of days cruise you eventually take. You have up to 2 years to book or get your money back.

Good news. We booked their special on the Dawn last December. I think it was $500 and you got $100 OBC and $550 when you turned the certificate in. You also got some special rates at hotels and spas but we didn't use any of that. It's a great marketing tool, gets you hooked to go on Norwegian again while you in good spirits on a cruise. Looking forward to signing up when we leave Dec. 7.:)

Good news. We booked their special on the Dawn last December. I think it was $500 and you got $100 OBC and $550 when you turned the certificate in. You also got some special rates at hotels and spas but we didn't use any of that. It's a great marketing tool, gets you hooked to go on Norwegian again while you in good spirits on a cruise. Looking forward to signing up when we leave Dec. 7.:)

This program has been replaced with the new Rewards program that is dicussed here.

They serve lots of free champagne at the new presentations of the Rewards program...:D

The presentation was made during the "other NCL cruises" meeting. We took advantage of it as we all knew that NCL's west-east Panama Canal voyage was the one we wanted. So we signed up for the Pearl cruise while we were still on the Dawn.

When we arrived home from our Dawn cruise, our personal cruise consultant had already called us and left me an email.

So far so good...a few bumps, but nothing that could not be resolved.

Friends of ours were on the Dawn last March. Now they signed up for a completely different program...and it cost alot more money..I think it was over $3,000. I don't remember all of the specifics, but that was not the program we were offered when we sailed this past October.

For this program, you have 18 months to book and 24 months to sail.

Ciao,

W A W W

It sounds like NCL has the upper hand on this one since you can't cancel and get your full deposit back. I refer RCL's way of doing it, you get the credit on the cruise you are booking and If you cancel you've lost nothing. NCL has you spending your $100 so they don't care if you cancel they made out anyway.

We heard about this special on our cruise on the Dawn in mid June. The Lattitudes Manager who explained it, said it had been in operation since early May and had been well received. Funny, they are still calling it "new" when it is nearly nine months old.

Hi Keystone (o/t the Buckeyes were my Dad's favorite team). I guess "new" is a relative term. To me this really was "new" because I had never heard it before and I was a first time NCL cruiser.

Part of the reason we jumped in so quickly to take advantage of the "new" ;) program was the precruise homework I had done. I'm always trying to think ahead...and I had wondered if I might get a deal by booking a future cruise while on a current cruise. The Panama Canal trip is one I have dreamed of since I was a kid...as luck would have it, NCL's itinerary worked out best for all 4 of us (DH and our two DF's). So it just made sense for us to take advantage of the program. While the $100 OBC was nice (errr...covered a SMALL part of my spa bill :D!) there were other advantages that we appreciated. We could talk face to face with the person booking our cruise (our DF's live in another state), our questions were answered, and the deposit was only $250 total. For us, this was a good thing.

Ciao,

W A W W

Archived