Balcony cabins on Caribean Princess

Tunagold

Hi all. We sailed the Carib Princess in April 2004, but stayed in a mini-suite near mid-ship. I am looking at possibly just getting a balcony cabin this time, but I remember hearing comments about certain cabins being noisy because of lounges overhead, elevators just outside the door, etc. Any words of wisdom as to which cabin and/or deck to stay away from and/or which deck or which area of that deck is a good area? Thanks for your time...it is appreciated.

We have had balconies on Baja deck slightly aft and on Lido deck forward on our CB cruises and both locations were fine. I think I prefer Baja deck bec. we aren't big "pool people" so having that right outside in the hall wasn't that big a plus for us but might be for others.. It was quiet there.

Go for the Caribe deck...The balcony's are huge & half covered so if you don't want sun you can stay in the shade. You can ask your room stewart to bring 2 Lounge chairs in addition to the table & 4 chairs they give you. Very quiet deck

Go for the Caribe deck...The balcony's are huge & half covered so if you don't want sun you can stay in the shade. You can ask your room stewart to bring 2 Lounge chairs in addition to the table & 4 chairs they give you. Very quiet deck

I absolutely agree. Best balconies on the ship are on the Caribe deck. You won't be sorry.

We have had balconies on Baja deck slightly aft and on Lido deck forward on our CB cruises and both locations were fine. I think I prefer Baja deck bec. we aren't big "pool people" so having that right outside in the hall wasn't that big a plus for us but might be for others.. It was quiet there.

On deck 14 aft was a small adult's only pool. We were on the aloha deck so it was only one deck up for us. I guess 2 decks up for you-but if you were aft-that would be very convenient for you.

To the OP-Our room was midship on the aloha deck-we had no noise problem-exept from some idiots out on their balcony the last night of the cruise yelling at 1 AM because their teen had won the Wrold Series-(we were on the Oct. 21 cruise)- so the noise they made carried onto our balcony.

also, our room was small-so that would be the drawback after having a minisuite.

We were on Aloha not too far from the back set of elevators. It wasnt noisy to me at all. Infact, I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was, except for when the tenor boats are being lowered. Its noisy just about anywhere for that. The balconies are private on Aloha. Completely a choice thing, but I didnt like the open balconies on the Carib deck. People flick things down into your balcony from above and can see you sitting there. It doesnt bother most, but something to think about. Enjoy your cruise!

I just returned on Sunday from cruising the CB and we had cabin Caribe 435. As tory posted, the balconies are good sized and there's room for four chairs, a round table and still room left over. Here's a pic:

CabinBalcony.jpg

Yes all are huge. Was on the CB once already and we are leaving in 3 days again to go on her. (can't wait!!!) Like i said earlier it's huge...Half is covered. We never had any problems with people flicking stuff down on us...ever. We asked for lounge chairs and they brought them immediately.

Thanks to everyone! Great info...I will definitely keep that in mind. When on the CP back in 2004 I thought all the balconies were exactly the same size. We had a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck amid ship, but even the balconies above us on the regular balcony rooms looked the same size as ours...they were just covered. And I know the rooms are smaller, but we will not have our daughter this time, so no need for the extra expense for the couch and extra room. Party time! Thanks again!

Archived