Posting Photos On Website

Rafaella

Ok, I was going to post some photos from my last cruise on Jewel, yet, I used film camera for my pictures, and they are MUCH smaller on the website than I want them to be. I see that there is a difference between posting picture online from film camera vs digital camera. The DC photos are always looking biger to me on the website.

Is there anything I can do to improve the size of my photos from film camera while posting them on web?

Thanks!

Ok, I was going to post some photos from my last cruise on Jewel, yet, I used film camera for my pictures, and they are MUCH smaller on the website than I want them to be. I see that there is a difference between posting picture online from film camera vs digital camera. The DC photos are always looking biger to me on the website.

Is there anything I can do to improve the size of my photos from film camera while posting them on web?

Thanks!

How did you get from film to digital to post on the website? If you scanned the photos, then scan the photos at a higher resolution. When you up load the photo, what size is it? 640 x 480 will look smaller than 800 x 600, which looks smaller than 1024 x 768.

How did you get from film to digital to post on the website? If you scanned the photos, then scan the photos at a higher resolution. When you up load the photo, what size is it? 640 x 480 will look smaller than 800 x 600, which looks smaller than 1024 x 768.

No, it is not from digital. It is a regular film camera. I was just comparing two of them ( as far as posting/sharing on net).

I have scanned the photos, yet, I did it the resolution of my HP printer/scanner. I am not sure what size the photo is - I have to check on the resolution. This is new to me.

Waw,

That was SOME photos!

The last one really impressed me. ( Size is important).

That's why I still cannot post them on forum.

I guess, my all in one HP printer/scanner 1200 has resolution of 1200?

Working on it. Thanks.

A resolution of 1200 means 1200 dpi or 1200 dots per inch. Thus a 4x6 photo scanned at 1200 dpi would be 4800 x 7200 or 34,560,000 pixels (or 34.56 mega-pixels). That is actually too big too work with.

You can make a good quality 8x10 photo from a 3.2 to 3.5 mega-pixel camera. So having ten times that amount is going to be more than enough. If I wanted to make a 4x6 photo into an 8x10 photo, I would scan the 4x6 photo at 600 dpi, which would result in a 2400 x 3600 image, or 8.64 mega-pixels. This image when printed would be 2400 x 3000 which is 300 dpi, which is the best most color printers can do (some can do better).

So, your 1200 scanner is fine.

Cuizer2: how did you get the last three photos to upload? I have tried to upload smaller photos (pixel-wise) here and got messages that the image was too large. I was using 300dpi resolution.

How did you do that?

Cuizer2: how did you get the last three photos to upload? I have tried to upload smaller photos (pixel-wise) here and got messages that the image was too large. I was using 300dpi resolution.

How did you do that?

All the photos are hosted somewhere else on the Internet. I like to use Photobucket.Com because it is a free photo hosting service. Then I link to the photos using the little yellow box with the mountain in it (just below the undo arrow). If you leave your mouse on the box it says Insert Image. Since a link to a big photo takes as much room as a link to a small photo, there is no limit to the size of the photo you can link to this way. However, if the photo is too big then people have to scroll to see it. So try to keep the photos a reasonable size.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived