Cunard transfer, Southampton to London

paulista1950

My wife and I took a Cunard transfer from Southampton to Victoria station in London. The coach was $80.00 USD per person. We were not first off the ship, we were disembarked by a system of coloured luggage tags. We picked up our luggage on the pier and took it to the bus ourselves. We left Southampton by about 10:00 and were in London by noon. There was a choice of destinations in London....Heathrow, Gatwick, Waterloo station, etc.

I got the Cunard transfers from London ( Victoria Station ) to Southampton, then back from Southampton to Heathrow airport. Yes, they do take care of your luggage and it was worth the convenience of it. No-- Cunard transfer passengers does not leave the ship first. Your other option of course, is to get a private limousine or a taxicab.

For a cab from Southampton to London you are looking at approx from £120 to £170. Alternatively, you could get a cab from Southampton Docks to the train station and get the train into London. As at 2006, this is £25.70 single (though the price will go up in 2007).

I suppose you have to weigh up convenience and price.

You can get a cheaper train fare from megatrain.com but this must be booked in advance and is probably better for getting TO Southampton rather than after disembarking from a cruise where you are less in control of your times.:confused:

Archived