Galveston in Mar/April

moakes

You are talking weather in Galveston. It could be absolutely gorgeous or it could be fairly cool.

The seas could be calm & could be rough. March-April is usually when we start seeing some rain but it is so hard to tell.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Weather can be so fickle down here - summer hit really early this year, in April, with 90 degree temperatures and high humidity. Normally March and April are really pretty but we didn't have any "springtime" to speak of.

It has been cold for over a week, which is unusual for December. We don't normally have lows in the 30-40s and highs in the 50s, until January or February.

For Thanksgiving, we wore shorts and cranked the air conditioner!

Two years ago on Christmas Day, we had a light dusting of snow. The year before that, it was in the 60-70s during Christmas week.

I've sailed in April before and once you get halfway across the Gulf on the first sea day, it starts to get nice and warm. Bring a jacket....and lots of sunscreen!

TexasMom, you can blame the cold on me. Since we booked our cruise for last Thursday, the cold had to find me. Of course it was 78 when I got to work that morning but 41 before I left at noon. Had I not planned that cruise, we would have continued to have nice beautiful weather.

TexasMom, you can blame the cold on me. Since we booked our cruise for last Thursday, the cold had to find me. Of course it was 78 when I got to work that morning but 41 before I left at noon. Had I not planned that cruise, we would have continued to have nice beautiful weather.

So it was your fault! That was the quickest temperature drop I can remember. All I could think about were the homeless people downtown that had no idea how cold it was going to be.

So it was your fault! That was the quickest temperature drop I can remember. All I could think about were the homeless people downtown that had no idea how cold it was going to be.

Yep, all my fault.

I literally watched my weatherbug on my computer drop from 78 to 49.4 in a 15 minute timespand that morning. It was horrible. I'm ready for our warm winters to arrive again. I don't like this cold.

Archived