snorkel tours Costa Maya

luv2cruise2123

I've snorkeled once or twice there. You can book a tour at the dock or in town. Just make sure you know where you have to meet, what time, how to get there, how much it will cost, and what you will see.

You can see some pics here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/costa_maya_dec_26.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/valor_06/CM/cm_1.htm

• 1 month later...
You can book a snorkle tour at *****.com for 20 dollars pp...the tour leaves from Tequila Beach...we are going there in 14 days!!

This is the snorkel tour we were looking into for March... please let me know what you think of it when you get back!!! :-)

You can also book them directly at Tequila Beach in addition to at the cruise port where they have a booth at. Depending on the number of ships in port, the price is negotiable. They quoted me $25pp. I was able to get it for $10 with only one ship in port.

They will take you out in a pontoon boat to close to where the waves are breaking over the reef. You wont have the water clarity as you do in Cozumel plus you are bobbing up and down with the waves. Some days it is calm and others rolling.

Dave

We just got back from a cruise to Costa Maya on Thursday (Jan. 11) and loved the port. We had done a bit of research about the area online and had decided to spend the day at Tequila beach. My husband and I decided to go snorkeling once we were on the beach and paid $15pp for the 1-hour trip with a guide. We had the best time!! I have been snorkeling many times and I thought Alex (our guide) was amazing. during out trip he picked up a starfish and live sand dollar and we were all able to hold them.

You can book the tour online but I would do it on the beach because you can negotiate down if you need to. Overall we had a great time and the reef is beautiful, this little trip mad the stay in Costa Maya wonderful.

Archived