Santiago Restaurant Recommendations

Watty

My wife and i will be spending a couple of days pre-cruise in Santiago, Chile, and are interested in any restaurants you would recommend that are not really expensive. We are interested in seafood restuarnants in particular. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions here.

We spent some pre-cruise days in Santiago last year and found that there are so many places to eat, found just by walking around. For a starting point, you could try the web site of Liz Caskey, an ex-pat American living in Santiago. She is a chef, sommelier and food writer among other things and has a great blog called "eat wine". Somewhere on her site she has restaurant recommendations in both Santiago and Buenos Aires. You can find it at: lizcaskey dot com. We enjoyed one of her culinary tours in Santiago and learned a lot about the cuisine of the area. She is happy to give restaurant recommendations. In general the seafood is good but cannot think of a particular restaurant. Zero in on an area and then start surfing the names of restaurants that pop up. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Anita

We spent some pre-cruise days in Santiago last year and found that there are so many places to eat, found just by walking around. For a starting point, you could try the web site of Liz Caskey, an ex-pat American living in Santiago. She is a chef, sommelier and food writer among other things and has a great blog called "eat wine". Somewhere on her site she has restaurant recommendations in both Santiago and Buenos Aires. You can find it at: lizcaskey dot com. We enjoyed one of her culinary tours in Santiago and learned a lot about the cuisine of the area. She is happy to give restaurant recommendations. In general the seafood is good but cannot think of a particular restaurant. Zero in on an area and then start surfing the names of restaurants that pop up. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Anita

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend Aqui Esta Coco which is supposed to have the best seafood in Santiago. Not sure if it's the best, but it sure was darn good!! The seafood dishes there are wonderful. You can find some very unique things on the menu or items that are familiar if you please. I went back the next night just to try something else on the menu. I looked up the info:

La Concepción 236

Santiago Chile

+56 2 2515751

http://www.aquiestacoco.cl/

Also, I second Donde Augusto in Mercado Central. I had the best Casuela (seafood stew) there and the prices were great.

Archived