Speed Cruising

To paraphrase the late John Wayne, Listen up, pilgrims!

Introducing the extreme sport of Speed Cruising. The object of the sport is to rack up as much travel as you can in a single cruise. For example, I take a one day coastal from Vancouver to Seattle on a weekend that involves 1 cruise, 4 airplane flights, 2 car trips, 5 bus trips, and 2 train trips. Can you top that?

Let's see you folks go to work - subs, rockets, gliders, helicopters, bicycles, rickshaws, camels, skate boards, ice skates, sail boards, diver propulsion vehicles, peddle boats, steam boats, banana boats, catamarans, surf boards, wake boards, snow boards, water skis, parasails, snow skis, jet skis, wheel chairs, scooters, shopping carts, go karts, horses, dog carts, conveyor belts, fork lifts, golf carts, sand boards, parachutes, pogosticks, stilts, motorcycles and etc. are fair game. Just use your common sense - no hitching a ride on a sea turtle, dolphin, or whale.

For you spring Speed Cruisers...

6-Foot Walk-on-Water Ball

This giant 6' inflatable sphere lets you walk across water as fast as you can stride thanks to hundreds of exterior inset cups that help grip the lake or ocean surface as you clamber up the spheres interior.

Item 72182 ................... $274.95

HAMMACHER SCHLEMMER & COMPANY

Expected ship date 02/10/2007.

No affiliation with this HS&C, but now you power walkers can get in on the sport.:D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cool. Have a trip coming up in May that starts with a flight from San Antonio, TX, USA to Seattle, WA, USA by plane; bus to train; Amtrak train up to Vancouver, BC, Canada; Sky Train to One Canada Place dock; water taxi; cruise ship to Seattle; bus to airport; flight to New Hamphire; car to Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts; and plane to San Antonio. Still looking to see what else I can cram into the 4 day trip - maybe some jetskiiing or a helicopter ride?:D Was just at my son's Boy Scout Aviation Merit Badge event last week and the boys got to fly in all manner of aircraft. A few got the "E-Ticket" ride when one plane's landing gear failed and she was ditched in the grass. Perfect emergency landing with no injuries.

BTW, there are several subs available in the Caribbean, a train on St. Kitts, a raft in Jamaica, and some canopy ziplines in mexico and central america.

I found this interesting so I did some figuring on my cruise to the Mexican Riviera for 7 days.

This is what I came up with:

2 trains

8 flights

5 taxis

2 shuttles

5 buses

1 horse

6 tenders

1 catamaran

and a whole lot of walking.

YIKES

Archived