Tampa Parking for Veedam Cruise?

sirarthur

We will be leaving on the Veedman, December 9, and will drive from St. Petersburg to Tampa. Can anyone inform me regarding the parking at the Peir. Is it safe. What is the cost? etc. Thank you!

This page http://www.tampaport.com/subpage.asp?navid=&id=3 says $12/day ... and includes a link for directions. See you there Saturday!! :D

p.s. We're at Terminal 6.

We will be leaving on the Veedman, December 9, and will drive from St. Petersburg to Tampa. Can anyone inform me regarding the parking at the Peir. Is it safe. What is the cost? etc. Thank you!

Parking is so easy at the Tampa Peir for HAL. You park right across the street from the Holland Terminal.....cross the luggage drop off area and that's it. Now there is no parking garage near the HAL terminal, but it has easy in and out access. The last time we were there (September '06), the charge was $12.00/day.

Parking for the Veendam is "not" across the street. it is directly in front of the terminal. If you want to drop bags in front of the terminal and drive into the lot ...no problem. It will be a one minute walk back to the terminal. If I remember correctly there will even be porters in that lot to help if you don't want to mess around with the drop off. I cannot remember the name of the street to pull into but it is the one just past the port authority building towards Ybor City.

I always have someone drop us off (4 times) but have used this lot for one day ship inspections. (Looking at ship with lunch to entice us to cruise again with HAL and others.)

Price $12.00 a day and it is safe.

Thanks everyone for your very helpful infomation...bags are packed and ready to go tomorrow!

We are two couples, who dis-embarked the "Ryndam" in Tampa two weeks ago..On Embarkation, we arrived at the port around 11:30 & DH dropped us all off at the terminal with the luggage & pulled around into the lot..He paid the $12.00 per day parking by credit card in advance..

I stood in line with our Friends but was not able to get into the terminal without DH..Both of us had to show our Passports & Ticket..(we were on the same ticket)..Only waited about five minutes for DH & then went in & joined our friends..

On dis-embarkation in Tampa, the Porter took all of our luggage right back to our Van...Of course we gave him a good tip, but it was well worth it & so easy..:)

Wish there were more cruises out of Tampa!

Enjoy your cruise..:) Betty

Archived