Best cruise for eight guys looking to hook up with girls and get drunk

streetlightm

The cruise has to be on spring break.. for us April 14-29 < it has to be in that time period

preferably it should be near the end of that time period

New York and New Jersey ports are closest

if we have to fly leave the time in for us to go and come back and factor it into the price

we're willing to pay $500 per person for 4 or 5 night cruise

also, we reallly appreciate table tennis table.. preferably indoor ones.. not a huge deal though

i see the sovereign of the seas on the 23rd, but it looks like a crappy ship.. confirm/deny

please help... thanks

you're going to find kids, kids and more kids at that time. Also, the shorter cruises use the oldest, and not the best, ships. If all you're looking for is drinking and hooking up, I can suggest Cancun. Lots of partying and all of that. You aren't really going to find a lot of mass drinking on cruise ships, and depending on your age, the number of ladies on a cruise won't be all that many. Since cruise ships limit the age of cruising alone, for the most part to those 21 and older, the number of party persons at that time of year will be very limited.

If you're only 18, there are only two lines that will allow you to cruise without a parent or guardian along with you, or with an adult 25 years of age or older, and those lines are Disney (not a teen's idea of a fun cruise) or Princess (a line that doesn't attract many younger cruisers). Also, the cruise lines have changed their policies and they only allow those who are age 21 and older to drink on board the ships. I guess if you're only 18, you're not going to be going on any cruise until you're 21. And there's no faking ID's to appear older---you're going to need a passport or certified birth certificate in order to board the ship.

HI Nanci.

Have a great cruise on Serenity. I have 7 more cruises booked between now and 2008. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

the hardest partying ship I have ever encountered was the Carnival Fascination. It does 3 and 4 night cruises to the Bahamas. The folks on that ship start to party from the time they are on the pier and they don't stop until they are back on the pier again.:eek:

Shots, jello shots, kamikazes, the whole nine yards are going through that dance club.

Generally, the shorter the cruise, the younger and more hardy the party scene.

try the Fascination. There were men and women on that ship that I sworn came on together from the way they interacted but it was not until debarkation that it was apparent that they had "hooked up" on the ship.

Go for what you know!!!!:p

• 1 month later...

We told our son that we would get him a cruise for his graduation gift. I later found that there were few lines that would allow an 18 yr. old to travel. I was going to get him a cruise with Princess. I think just going and the exprience would be wonderful for him. He went on a cruise with us 2 years ago and really loved it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

trust me. spring break on any cruise is fun. I had always gone during different times. went on a more expensive ship the mariner and it was still crazy. Im going on carnival triumph next week march 3rd...lord knows how crazy it could get.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess it really depends on what YOU make out of the cruise. I'm 19 and set up a cruise for me and my best friend without any problems. We arn't going for spring break, but you can be sure we are going to party. We are booked for RCCL Mariner of the Seas. It's a 7 night cruise to the Eastern Carribean so it should be fun. Good luck to all!!

RCCI's rule is you have to be 21 to cruise without parent or guardian, so unless your friend is 21 or older, you're not going to be allowed on an RCCI ship. When you get to the dock and try and check in, present your passport or birth certificate and they see you're underage, you won't be allowed to cruise, and you lose your money----they won't refund.

She is over 21, so that may be why, either way they still allowed me to set it up, everything has been paid for on my accounts. Somethings are weird these days for young people. You can serve your country at 18, 17 with your parents consent, but you can't take a vacation on a cruise by yourself... interesting.

CoastieAsh, the reason they don't allow younger people to sail alone is because so many of your generation that have sailed in the past, have trashed cruise ships and caused so many problems while cruising. Case in point: the young man from the Air Force Academy and the young lady who both jumped into the water, off a cruise ship last month. The groups they were both with, completely trashed their cabins and caused a lot of problems for the cruise line and other passengers--not to mention the rumor going around that they were both engaged in some sort of sexual activity on the balcony that caused them to fall off--and they were apparently both terribly drunk. While I know that adults can drink a lot also, it's rare that you find adults trashing cabins, throwing chairs overboard and things like that . For some reason, historically speaking, it's the younger generation that seems to have problems controlling themselves when they go off on vacations. If you don't believe that, turn on MTV and their spring break specials, or take a look at any program that shows what happens with college kids on spring break vacations in Cancun or South Padre Island.

I totally agree with you. It's sad that some ruin things for a whole. It's all good though, I'm young, yet 99% of my friends are 21 and over so I won't ever have the problem of not being able to book a cruise. There's a big difference with alot of these Academy kids, they are probably all older than me but they still act like kids. They don't understand that they represent the US everywhere you go, whether you are on Vaca or not, I'm on the clock 24/7, 365 days a year, and I am always a Coastie in uniform or not. Sorry to get off on a tangent...

• 2 weeks later...

as a party ship. I did a three-day Bahamas cruise on it, and it was non-stop. This ship/itinerary is perfect for a bunch of friends wishing to get loaded and score.

Ohh I beg to differ! My single friends and I cruise a lot and always meet single guys! Thats what is so fun is meeting new people and finding the ones with same interests. I have also met couples that like to hang with us and can keep up with the best of em'! Yes, we would be those "party animals", but we don't tear up the ship. We start with a cocktail when we wake up and don't stop until the wee hours.....call it what you want, but it is our only time to "cut loose" outside of work....we may not be everyones cup o tea...

I do agree though, DON'T sail Princess if you are looking for single party animals. We just made THAT mistake.Stick with CCL, RCCL and believe it or not, one of the WILDEST cruises I have been on was on NCL and it was a 7 day! It is what you make it. You'll draw in the people that appreciate you.:D

I have had many crew members tell us on debaking that they wish we'd stay and that they enjoyed our "livelyhood"...

Archived