Cunard Promos

Cunard Cruiser

Cunard has removed the “special offer” section on the US website. However, I have been flooded with regular mail offers. More than ever before. All are for crossings (which I suspect are harder to fill) and none fro 2007 Caribbean, Canada or Europe. Has anyone received any 2007 Caribbean cruise promos?

Has anyone received any 2007 Caribbean cruise promos?

A month or so ago we received a four-page flyer in the mail titled "Queen Mary 2/Spectacular Spring Savings/$99 Upgrades/Caribbean/Transatlantic". The Caribbeans and the highlighted fares were:

Caribbean Adventure 8 Days April 2,2007 - Fort Lauderdale, Bonaire, Grenada, New York. "Premium Balcony (B6) $99 Upgrades $1197."

Taste of the Caribbean 8 days April 10, 2007 - New York, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Tortola, New York. "Premium Balcony (B6) Upgrades $99 $1397."

And the fine print footnote said "Premium balcony stateroom B6 is obstructed view." Is this what you had in mind?

Thank you. Yes that is what I was thinking. However I do think the $1400.00 is a high fare for 8 days considering we went on a QM2 cruise for 12 days Dec 2005 for $1499.

What part of the country are you in? We have seen any of the cruises promos. Would you still happen to have the promo code?

I think dollar fares are "up" at the moment to due to the state of the currency. Nearly $2 to the pound.

I don't think exchange rates have much to do with it, honestly.

The fares are far, far higher in the UK, anyway.

Minimum fare in the UK on the 2 April 2007 departure is £1,044. In the US it is $999. In US dollars, the UK fare would be $2,049 or slightly more than double the US fare!

If they tried to sell an inside cabin on that cruise for $2,049 in the US, I'd think they'd gone mad!

This puts things in perspective! Admittedly, in the US while the $999 fare seems quite reasonable, it's certainly nothing to get really excited over. A while back I got an offer for an 8-day cruise in CROWN PRINCESS for $349! It would not be my first choice of ship, but that is $43 per day!

There are really some outstanding bargains out there if your dates are flexible and you do not have your heart set on a particular ship or itinerary.

What part of the country are you in? We have seen any of the cruises promos. Would you still happen to have the promo code?

I'm in northern New Jersey, about 30 miles due west of Manhattan. A box on the address page of the flyer said: "Please reference your Number below to take advantage of these special incentives: 907039806"

Archived