Love Boat Express

geocruiser

I too am interested in this. Not because I'd use it but if they were to be able to make that a pleasant experience then they'd surely have accomplished something. We did that kind of transfer one time and I said no thanks opting to go it on our own from then on sometimes for less $, some times more but always much more convenient.

I'm not sure if you are speaking of, for example, the bus from FLL airport to the pier. If so, then no! Take a cab! Typically the bus does not leave until every seat is filled, and that can take up to an hour - yes, an hour. If you are speaking of an express bus driving you say from West Palm to the pier in FLL, I am not able to offer any advice. I have taken the Royal Caribbean bus from Hartford, CT to NY to catch a cruise, and YES!! I would recommend this.

Hi,

We would be taking the "Love Boat Express" from Melbourne Fl to the peir in Fort Lauderdale. We are thinking of a ten night cruise. The bus fare is $45 dollars pp round trip. $90. for two. If we drive we will have to fight the traffic on I-95 for at least three hours and then park at the peir. We have driven before and it was a hard drive I know it will be a long drive with the bus cause they will have to pick up other PAX. It will leave Melbourne at 7:15AM.

Thanks for your help

Geo

Geo - sounds like the same type of deal we had from BDL to NY. It worked fine for us, and if it's comparable, it's much easier than driving yourself or even renting a car. Let them take you luggage, while you sit and relax on the drive.:)

We are sailing on the Sun Princess for a 10 day cruise October 13th. We are taking advantage of the Love Boat Express. They will pick us up at 7am at Cracker Barrel in Palm Coast ( 1/2 north of Daytona Beach ).

I have not used this service before but have had very good luck with the Bus Transportation through Royal Caribbean. With RCC, they had movies paying on TV's through out the bus to help pass the time away.

I hope we made the right decision...not having to drive the 3 1/2 hours myself is enough incentive to give it a try.

This is a bus (coach) service throughout Florida..not to be confused with Princess shuttle service from airports to pier. The Cruise Connection (which Princess refers to as Loveboat Express) operates on east and west coasts to various Florida ports. R/T costs are either $40 or $45 per person from a large number of cities. Restroom and movies onboard. Phone number is #1-800-226-5055 within Florida.

We have boked them from our home in Sarasota because they are cheaper than renting a car/gas then taking a shuttle, or driving our own car and parking at the pier.

For the east coast route, Jacksonville is the first stop, then on down I-95, stopping at various places to pick pax up. It was good, cheaper than gas + parking and no driving stress. We will do it again in Nov 2004, but the price has gone up to $45pp RT -- still worth it since you don't have to drive. There was a movie, and although food is not allowed onboard our driver said it was OK so long as we picked up our trash. It is comfortable, except for as Sue said cold, and you can sleep, read, talk with pax of other cruiselines, etc.

Archived