Joyce Prince Review December 1, 2006

cruser2

:D Let me start off by saying how much more enjoyable Joyce Prince made our day in St. Maarten. If you want to know all about St. Maarten while on a cruise, plan well ahead and book Joyce Prince as you tour guide. We were a group of 6 people, all adults just looking for some sightseeing and shopping. I did some research on cruise crititc for information on tour guides. After going through several reviews the one person who stood out was Joyce Prince. I e-mailed her and the same day she answered with all the information I had asked about. Upon arriving in St. Maarten we went to the designated location on the pier as pre-arranged in her e-mail and she was already waiting for us. The van she used for touring was new and very comfortable for the 6 of us. The air conditioning was great since it was a hot day even for those in the rear. We started out with some sight seeing on both sides of the island (French & Dutch) and Joyce explained in much detail all about the Island from the time we left the pier. We stopped at various locations for pictures and scenery the entire time touring. We stopped at various beaches on both sides of the island. She even offered to drop us off on a beach if we wanted to and then pick us up at a later time. She then took us to front street for shopping which was great. She has so many contacts that it makes it very easy to shop since you are getting the best deals. We did some comparisons on jewerly in Aruba, Curacao and St. Thomas and found her recommendations to be great. She really made our day in St. Maarten an enjoyable one. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a tour through the island. She does get booked up early and fast so don't wait too long to contact her if you are interested. I booked in August for December 1st and she already had others asking for the end of December.

Her fees are very resonable but you have to contact her for the exact amount since she doesn't have set amounts. It all depends on what you want to do and how long you want to tour.

:D Let me start off by saying how much more enjoyable Joyce Prince made our day in St. Maarten. If you want to know all about St. Maarten while on a cruise, plan well ahead and book Joyce Prince as you tour guide. We were a group of 6 people, all adults just looking for some sightseeing and shopping. I did some research on cruise crititc for information on tour guides. After going through several reviews the one person who stood out was Joyce Prince. I e-mailed her and the same day she answered with all the information I had asked about. Upon arriving in St. Maarten we went to the designated location on the pier as pre-arranged in her e-mail and she was already waiting for us. The van she used for touring was new and very comfortable for the 6 of us. The air conditioning was great since it was a hot day even for those in the rear. We started out with some sight seeing on both sides of the island (French & Dutch) and Joyce explained in much detail all about the Island from the time we left the pier. We stopped at various locations for pictures and scenery the entire time touring. We stopped at various beaches on both sides of the island. She even offered to drop us off on a beach if we wanted to and then pick us up at a later time. She then took us to front street for shopping which was great. She has so many contacts that it makes it very easy to shop since you are getting the best deals. We did some comparisons on jewerly in Aruba, Curacao and St. Thomas and found her recommendations to be great. She really made our day in St. Maarten an enjoyable one. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a tour through the island. She does get booked up early and fast so don't wait too long to contact her if you are interested. I booked in August for December 1st and she already had others asking for the end of December.

Her fees are very resonable but you have to contact her for the exact amount since she doesn't have set amounts. It all depends on what you want to do and how long you want to tour.

Sounds like this is the tour that we are looking for...we are going to in St. Maarten in April 2007.How do I get in touch with her? Thanks

Thanks for the review. Did you get to stop and shop in Marigot? How long was your tour? We would like to do an island tour, but stop in Marigot for a while. Thanks for your help.

Katie

I did a tour with Joyce last year and posted a quick review over in this thread.

On reflection, I should add to that review a little additional information.

After Divi, I believe the question of timeshare came up, so Joyce detoured through the Pelican Resort, the largest timeshare facility on the island, for a look.

At Mullet, we actually stopped and got out to walk on the beach and see the vendors which set up shop there.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

funny you mention she treats you like family... we toured with her a couple of months back (October); and mentioned her recently that we would be there on Dec 17th on another cruise... she asked about what time we would be around Jewelry Outlet (her friend's store), and I said noon...

Then when we were there, guess who showed up? Joyce herself... she went by to say hello and greeted us with a big hug.. :)

Gary,

Thanks for referring me to your review. I am sorry it took me so long to answer your thoughtful post. For some reason I wasn't notified by CC or if I was, I missed it.

Thanks again. She seems like what we are interested in.

Katie

Archived