PDF scans of the "old" deck plans

Kindlychap

I have at some stage downloaded from this board the full plans for decks 1-5 plus boat deck.

I need to complete the process - with signal and sun decks at least, but ideally quarter and upper as well.

Can anyone be so kind as to remind me where these are?

I need to complete the process - with signal and sun decks at least, but ideally quarter and upper as well.

Were they the ones I posted? - they were sent to my by someone called Andi Howard who'd got them off a crew member. There never were plans for quarter and upper decks but there are signal and sports. I suspect that the server has deleted them by now so if you'll email me I can send them directly to you.

The ones that have the layouts of all the cabins do have Sports and Signal decks but not Upper or Quarter (or Six or Seven) since there no cabins up there.

Or rather, I think these plans probably have them, but the person who scanned them didn't scan in the areas that didn't have cabins.

Someone also posted GA (general arrangement) plans of the ship as originally built, but those only go down to Three Deck. They do however feature Upper and Quarter, albeit in a different layout from today.

I have all of them, if you e-mail me at hostdoug at cruisecritic dot com I'd be glad to send them.

I actually have a full set of working plans off QE2, these were for 2000 and you wont believe how much detail they show!! everything is shown from the double bottom, engine layout, ALL cabin layout passenger and crew, what is behind the scenes in crew country! full kitchen layout. all that is missing is the H & C from the taps in the bathrooms!

This set is pretty big, showing 3 decks to a sheet and 5 sheets in total but each sheet is a whopping 3 FEET x 5 FEET

If like me you have wondered what is behind the walls, these show it all!!

To name but a few areas , The tv studio, Captains bedroom!!, carpenters workshop, paint store, various food stores, Ice cream fridge, Fish,vegetables,meat prep area and just how much of the crew area is on one deck. These do show in detail everything! , l can and do spend ages looking over them.

Unfortunately these are much to big to download and of course these are covered by UK copyright laws;)

I have at some stage downloaded from this board the full plans for decks 1-5 plus boat deck.

Can anyone be so kind as to remind me where these are?

I have a master deck plan (passenger areas) from 1968 (pre launch) and a set from the early 1970s after the suites were added. Both plans shows details and furniture placement. I don't have a large scanner to easily capture but we can work something out.

I have a set issued March '73. If it is of any help, I uploaded some photos at: http://travel.webshots.com/album/556314938HqWSMc . I tried to use my camera's stitch feature, but one needs a very steady hand (or tripod) to do that. Regards to all -

David

That is a duplicate of one of my sets of plans. The other pre launch plan I assume were issued to shipping interests as they are a bit more technical.

Archived