QE2 - Cabin 8183 - any experiences to note?

Kindlychap

Kindlychap,

I happened to see this cabin that my friends' had on the recent Autumn Colours US/Canada & it is a very nice cabin & they told me one of the best ones re the size & layout even though it does not have a balcony. It has very large floor to ceiling windows and spacious sitting area with settee and comfortable armchair near the window. As you enter the suite on the right is a separate dressing area with large dressing table,mirror & lamp and then behind this for the full length of the wall is a large walk in closet. This you do not have in the other Q2 suites with just the built in wardrobes! & then to the right from memory is a spacious marble bathrooom.

My friends usually have a Signal Balcony cabin but liked this cabin esp. re the extra wardrobe space & dressing area.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

This sounds almost too good to be true.

Can I get one thing right? We are talking about the Q3 on the starboard side, not 8184 which is a Q4 on port side?

I hesitate to ask, in case it appears that I doubt you. But on the other hand that is one heck of a Q3!

Hi kindlychap,

Yes it is the Q3 cabin I saw that my friends had and yes it is a great cabin and apparently booked up a year in advance for most cruises and not easy to get due to its size / spaciousness + it's a lot cheaper than the Q2 grade cabins on same deck!

That being said my friends like their balcony Q2 Signal deck cabins when they are available but still like this one now & again. They have travelled on QE2 for many, many years so know the very best cabins to book!!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi kindlychap,

Yes it is the Q3 cabin I saw that my friends had and yes it is a great cabin and apparently booked up a year in advance for most cruises and not easy to get due to its size / spaciousness + it's a lot cheaper than the Q2 grade cabins on same deck!

That being said my friends like their balcony Q2 Signal deck cabins when they are available but still like this one now & again. They have travelled on QE2 for many, many years so know the very best cabins to book!!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Well, it was available this morning for the Winter Crossing.......

Sorry to appear to doubt you - it was only because it seems to be such a bargain!

Quizzing you further...

Did Boat 1, which appears to be outside, make much of a difference?

I'm assuming that they didn't get the normal Signal/Sun deck treats? But presumably the same staff as those who deal with the Q2s on Sun Deck?

Very many thanks.

That's very interesting - if I could make this trip then I would book this cabin!! Surely this is not at the offer rate of £995 rate of whatever it was per person?

I would suspect that from New York this suite is booked for most of the World cruise.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

That's very interesting - if I could make this trip then I would book this cabin!! Surely this is not at the offer rate of £995 rate of whatever it was per person?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

It was available at that rate..... Quite amazing really. Sounds like the bargain of the century, for the lucky person who occupies it.

I could not agree more!! If only I had not already booked 2 cruises one P & O & the other QG on QE2 Oct 07 for next year not leaving me many holiday days to take I'd book this trip. I think though the low fares have a lot to do with the potential of bad weather in Jan on the Atlantic & must surely be to fill up a small number of left over cabins.

I say this as I am booked in a PG grade cabin for a very good rate for April 2008 crossing on QE2! So hope prices don't drop too much nearer the time!!! This being said I've benefitted from some great upgrades as a past passenger so I cannot complain to much!!!

Regards,

RJMS74

Kindlychap,

Re your earlier 8183 suite questions from memory the obstructed lifeboat did not affect the view much and or indeed light flooding into cabin.

My friends did have personalised stationary and also evening canapés & were looked after by the same staff as the other Q2 suites - so from what I know this cabin albeit Q3 does have all the Q2 benefits.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Kindlychap,

Re your earlier 8183 suite questions from memory the obstructed lifeboat did not affect the view much and or indeed light flooding into cabin.

My friends did have personalised stationary and also evening canapés & were looked after by the same staff as the other Q2 suites - so from what I know this cabin albeit Q3 does have all the Q2 benefits.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Many thanks!

Will bear it in mind in future. Events have overtaken this cabin however - have just been upgraded to Signal Deck!

Kindly Chap,

This is great news - I went to many parties on Signal deck during my recent cruise and there are some great suites there. That being said on my last day on board I saw the former Midships Suite cabin 2151 now the Carinthia Suite that other family members have sailed in and it's a very impressive suite with very smart marble bathrooms x 2 & a large lounge & dining area.

So have you booked the Jan 07 crossing then? I wish you a great crossing - I am really surprised that there are many suites available though for this crossing though as I'd have thought many pasengers for the World Cruise would be boarding in UK - unless many of them are boarding in New York instead.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Archived