See pitons from cruise ship?

mandiecandie5

I know when ships leave St.Lucia and head south they usually do these 360's with the boat so everyone can see the Pitons as they pass them.

So when ships head north after St.Lucia can you only see them very early in the morning when the ship pulls into port? Or do they take the ship pass them again before going on to the next island? :confused:

Any experiences??

A few weeks ago on Sea Princess -- the ship was to sail from St. L to Barbados & I was hoping for a view if ship sailed to south -- but NO, it sailed out of the harbor & went north around north end of island & then went east over to Barbados -- after ship sailed out it was dark & we could not see anything but twinkling lights.........so it didn't really matter if north or south....

When we took the cruise in December of 2005 (repeating it in Jan 2007) the seas were relatively calm, it was about 5:45 and the sun was setting. The Captain pulled the ship right up close to the pitons and did a 360 turn, showing how the ship could turn in it's own length. It was a great experience seeing the pitons from this angle. I'm not sure if every cruise has this experience, but we stayed close until sunset and then headed to Barbados.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived