HC room for the Able-Bodied on Noordam

pogieone

We are booked into rm 4132 on the Noordam May 20 Alaska. The deck plan shows that the boom and verandah (balcony) are slightly larger the the other cabins in this price class. The problem is that both my wife and I are able-bodied people and this is a disabled accesss room. We were wondering if the large shower was a plus, we don't care about a tub; if the large doorways are a plus and if the room layout is a plus for someone who is not disabled. Our TA says its a plus due to the size of the cabin and balcony in addition, if HA needs the room for a disabled person, we would be upgraded. What to youCC'ers think.

So sorry about the double post

Did you book this room specifically? Or did HAL assign it to you.

Why I ask is because it's my understanding that once that room is booked it is out of inventory for handicapped passengers. From what I have read on this board the HAL computer system does not know that able-bodied passengers are in there and therefore has no way to initiate reassignment. It's possible that some handicapped passengers, therefore, will not be able to cruise.

You asked for thoughts on the matter; here's mine. Switch rooms now.

Archived