Help! Need Info on Disembarking in Auckland!

SwKnight

We are taking Sapphire Princess Mar. 24 from Sydney to Auckland, arriving in Auckland April 5th, 2007. We are staying one night at Carlton Hotel and want to take the Waitomo Caves tour, all day, when we disembark on the 5th but Princess cannot guarantee when the ship will be cleared with local authorities, customs, and we don't know if we can be at the tour building by 7:45 a.m. to catch the bus. :o

Princess told us to talk to the purser's desk once on board ship, but we'd like to pre-pay the tour to reserve our spot and not be disappointed. :eek:

Have any of you experienced this? We cannot take the Princess Tour to the caves because you have to have a flight out that same night on the 5th. Princess won't bend on this. So how do we get to go to the Glow Worm Caves? Rent our own car? We'd rather not. :confused:

Please advise! What time did your ship clear customs, and what time did you disembark? The ship is supposed to be in at 6:00 a.m. The Princess Glow Worms tour group has to meet on the pier at 7:15 a.m., so if they can get off that early, can't we? Please advise! Don't want to take the tour on the 6th because we wouldn't be back in time to be at the airport in the required time. God bless! :)

Does anyone know if you can take a tour to White Island - Active volcano directly from Auckland or do you have to leave from Whakatane? We also arrive in Auckland on the 5th of April and would like to do this tour. Our flight home isn't unitl the 8th so we could possibley hire a car and drive to Whakatane. If anyone can helpout with any info it would be great as I would like to book both car and hotel early as it is Easter when we arrive in NZ and things might be pretty booked up.

Cath B

We are taking Sapphire Princess Mar. 24 from Sydney to Auckland, arriving in Auckland April 5th, 2007. We are staying one night at Carlton Hotel and want to take the Waitomo Caves tour, all day, when we disembark on the 5th but Princess cannot guarantee when the ship will be cleared with local authorities, customs, and we don't know if we can be at the tour building by 7:45 a.m. to catch the bus. :o

Princess told us to talk to the purser's desk once on board ship, but we'd like to pre-pay the tour to reserve our spot and not be disappointed. :eek:

Have any of you experienced this? We cannot take the Princess Tour to the caves because you have to have a flight out that same night on the 5th. Princess won't bend on this. So how do we get to go to the Glow Worm Caves? Rent our own car? We'd rather not. :confused:

Please advise! What time did your ship clear customs, and what time did you disembark? The ship is supposed to be in at 6:00 a.m. The Princess Glow Worms tour group has to meet on the pier at 7:15 a.m., so if they can get off that early, can't we? Please advise! Don't want to take the tour on the 6th because we wouldn't be back in time to be at the airport in the required time. God bless! :)

Hi

You can visit the Waitomo Glow worm caves as a day trip from Tauranga, its a bit closer then the tour that goes from Auckland. You would need to find a good local operator who could offer you this service, try the add on the top of the thread for Aus/ NZ ports of call.

Another option would be to arrange a private tour from Auckland but you would need to let me know waht time the ships disembarks you and the flight time you leave Auckland, i can then work out a suitable time table if possible.

If you need any other help just ask.

Regards Ian [Tauranga]

Does anyone know if you can take a tour to White Island - Active volcano directly from Auckland or do you have to leave from Whakatane? We also arrive in Auckland on the 5th of April and would like to do this tour. Our flight home isn't unitl the 8th so we could possibley hire a car and drive to Whakatane. If anyone can helpout with any info it would be great as I would like to book both car and hotel early as it is Easter when we arrive in NZ and things might be pretty booked up.

Cath B

Track me down and we can help with all of the points in your question. White Island is a boat or heliocopter trip if you want to land there. The boat is from Whakatane and its an early start 7 to 8 am depending on tides and its a 2 hour trip out, so takes all day.

Helicopter Flight can be taken from a number of destinations, Tauranga, Whakatane or Rotorua. Costs depend on choice and numbers.

Let me know if you need any other info. Regards Ian [Tauranga]

Hi, Ian. Steve and I, Elizabeth, would like to visit the Glow Worm Caves, maybe even Rotorua too, from Tauranga, then, if possible with you. We will be in port on April 4, 2007. We have been thinking about a tour with you and maybe this would be the way to go rather than from Auckand. Truly appreciate the helpful response. Our ship, Sapphire Princess, docks at 5:00 and leaves at 8:00. Maybe we could get other Cruise Critic passengers on this tour also. How many could you accommodate? Thanks.

Hi

You can visit the Waitomo Glow worm caves as a day trip from Tauranga, its a bit closer then the tour that goes from Auckland. You would need to find a good local operator who could offer you this service, try the add on the top of the thread for Aus/ NZ ports of call.

Another option would be to arrange a private tour from Auckland but you would need to let me know waht time the ships disembarks you and the flight time you leave Auckland, i can then work out a suitable time table if possible.

If you need any other help just ask.

Regards Ian [Tauranga]

Hi, Ian. Steve and I, Elizabeth, would like to visit the Glow Worm Caves, maybe even Rotorua too, from Tauranga, then, if possible with you. We will be in port on April 4, 2007. We have been thinking about a tour with you and maybe this would be the way to go rather than from Auckand. Truly appreciate the helpful response. Our ship, Sapphire Princess, docks at 5:00 and leaves at 8:00. Maybe we could get other Cruise Critic passengers on this tour also. How many could you accommodate? Thanks.

Hi Steve

We can not be too specific on the CC threads so its best if you can track us down and liaise direct. Check out the AUS/NZ threads pages and this could lead you to us. Also a google on 'Shore Trips Tauranga' may work. Regards Ian.

Hi Steve

We can not be too specific on the CC threads so its best if you can track us down and liaise direct. Check out the AUS/NZ threads pages and this could lead you to us. Also a google on 'Shore Trips Tauranga' may work. Regards Ian.

She was on my computer and got excited trying to figure out the tours - and did not understand the protocall. Besides she was caught in a Princess Catch 22 situation - be "OFFED" on the ship they did not want to help us with the bags and a tour at the same time as we are not flying out the same night. Go figure ... :confused:

Best wishes,

steve

Archived