Driving in Aruba

rmaldon

Great....

I will check the page now

Thank you Arubalisa;)

You are very welcome. Forgot to add that if you do get lost, the Divi Divi and Watapana trees point in the direction of the resort hotels. :D

We were just in Aruba last week. Driving was't bad but be aware that there were very few street name signs - I think I saw 2 the entire time. There are occassional signs pointing out the direction to sightseeing stops or hotel areas. We did get lost a couple times and almost ran out of gas but the island isn't that big so eventually you get back to a main area. I must say that everyone was very nice - no one gets mad when you are obviously a tourist and don't know where you are going. People are really good about letting you interrupt traffic to turn also. Much better than at home.

My husband wanted to just rent a jeep and tour Aruba but I enjoy taking excursions with tour guides. So we did a little of both. We went on a jeep tour where we followed a guide in our own jeep.

I am glad we did that because we went on off roads where I would have not thought you could drive on or drive down. We had a great time. I almost fell out of the jeep a few times (should have worn a seat belt).

I think we saw more thant if we had just driven around on our own. Our tour was only $73.00 a person for over 7 hours and included lunch at a nice restraunt and drinks all day.

Driving in Aruba was very easy but I agree with a previous post that are almost no street name signs anywhere. Get you a map with the main road numbers on it because these numbered roads are about the only ones with signs. I agree that the people in aruba are about the nicest of anywhere I have been.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a number of rental agencies with locations right at the pier. We have used Supre Car Rental several times with great success. Their website is http://www.carrentalaruba.com. They also have a toll-free number at 877-770-7293. Have fun but get a 4WD if you plan on going to some of the remote areas; it will definitely help.

Archived