New to NCL

SLL

Hi. We are previous Carnival cruisers. NCL offered a better deal for close to home and visits four islands. So we are giving NCL a try.

This is the first time to take our two kids. I tend to get a little seasick but not bad. We have had an oceanview and a balcony before.

Which do you think is better on the NCL Sun, a deluxe inside on Norway deck midship or a balcony which is very pricey? Mostly looking for best room for not getting seasick.

Thank you.

Sherry

Hi. We are previous Carnival cruisers. NCL offered a better deal for close to home and visits four islands. So we are giving NCL a try.

This is the first time to take our two kids. I tend to get a little seasick but not bad. We have had an oceanview and a balcony before.

Which do you think is better on the NCL Sun, a deluxe inside on Norway deck midship or a balcony which is very pricey? Mostly looking for best room for not getting seasick.

Thank you.

Sherry

For seasick prevention, I'd recommend the midships... the closer you get to the pivot point, the less distance that part of the ship travels up and down.

In addition, the most often stated thing that most new to NCL cruisers have trouble with is the "FreeStyle" attitude. You won't need to head to dinner at a pre-arranged time -- which means you may end up waiting a bit. Once you figure out the eating times of your other cruisers, you should be fine.

Don't forget to take your ginger pills with you :D

That's a tough one! Midship, as someone else said, is probably your best bet for PREVENTION as it is more stable..

But.. when you're seasick, it's good to go outside, get some fresh air, and look at the horizon.

One of the best preventions is Bonine. We use it on tall ships all the time. You only need to take it once a day. I would recommend taking it before bed because it does make you a bit drousy.

You might also want to bring along some candied ginger to settle your tummy. Ginger Ale works too-- but you have to get REAL ginger ale-- which can be hard to find. Whole Foods has it. Be sure to read the label and look for real ginger ale, and not just ginger flavoring.

No matter what, you're going to have an absolutely wonderful time!

We were OV midship on Sensation which is about Sun's size and loved it. We were rear aft balcony on Conquest and hated it! Alot of movement.

The deluxe inside on Norway deck seems so high up, but it is midship. Those of you who have sailed on Sun tell me what you think.

Another question, is a balcony worth an extra $900?

Thanks

Archived