Question about getting off the ship Conquest

MonkeySea

I was on CC's website and I saw a post by a woman who said she would never sail with them again. She said that the time they said they would be at port at Mo Bay Jamaica was from 9-6. She said that because she did not book her excursion through CC, they did not let her off of the ship until 11am and then the last time back to the ship was at 4:30.

I am curious,

1) Is this usual?

2) How do you book with someone like A-Z planners if you don't know when you will get off the ship. We have been in contact with them and are planning a couple of excursions and I don't see how we could fit it all in if what this lady is saying is correct. Any help would be appreciated.

I thought about posting this under the excursions for Jamaica, but I felt that my question was more for those who have sailed on the Conquest on CC.

If I'm not mistaken, we had no wait in Jamaica. We walked right off the Conquest in July and went to Sunset beach. They didn't have a tender and it was no problem getting off (or on). Of course, we had a leisurely breakfast before walking off but I don't recall any lines.

I was on CC's website and I saw a post by a woman who said she would never sail with them again. She said that the time they said they would be at port at Mo Bay Jamaica was from 9-6. She said that because she did not book her excursion through CC, they did not let her off of the ship until 11am and then the last time back to the ship was at 4:30.

I am curious,

1) Is this usual?

2) How do you book with someone like A-Z planners if you don't know when you will get off the ship. We have been in contact with them and are planning a couple of excursions and I don't see how we could fit it all in if what this lady is saying is correct. Any help would be appreciated.

I thought about posting this under the excursions for Jamaica, but I felt that my question was more for those who have sailed on the Conquest on CC.

I have not been to Mo-Bay, so I don't know if it is a dock or tender port. I believe it is a dock port. If so, I find the woman's claim very hard to believe. When docked all you do is walk off the ship. Perhaps a few groups get to be in the front of the line, but in less than 30 minutes everyone who wants to get off is off. That is why everyone perfers docking over tendering.

I would have to know more. Was the ship late. Why would it take 2 1/2 hours to get off? There is something missing here.

You dock in MOBAY.. you can get off as you please.. I do not see how they can hold you back the line moves quite fast:confused: They may let the Carnival excursions go before but I have no experience seeing that..

We had a pvt 10am excursion and made it with plenty of time to spare.. including stops to pick up others

When I was on Conquest in July, everyone was allowed off at the same time, as soon as the ship was cleared. The ship docks in Mo Bay so it's not like Grand Cayman where they tender you in and Carnival tours do get priority. We arrived at 8:00 and had to be back on board by 5:00 for a 5:30 sailing (I just checked my Capers to be sure http://ronrythm.com/Conquest_Capers.html). Cozumel is the 9:00 to 6:00 port. It also has had trouble with tendering, but I have seen they are docking again now. Either she has her ports confused or she is exagerating to make trouble. Book with AZ and they will know when to meet you.

Enjoy

Ron

Those hours don't line up with the Conquest's current schedule.

Even though the hours still wouldn't match, perhaps she was taking about Grand Cayman, where yes, it could be possible.

This is where I am assuming OP meant... which leads into my question. Conquest docs at GC at 7am we have an excusion scheduled (at 830) that requires us to walk 2 blocks for for 8am meeting time. Anyone know if it will take longer than that to get off the ship? Wondering if we need to change plans.

This is where I am assuming OP meant... which leads into my question. Conquest docs at GC at 7am we have an excusion scheduled (at 830) that requires us to walk 2 blocks for for 8am meeting time. Anyone know if it will take longer than that to get off the ship? Wondering if we need to change plans.

No just go to the lounge where there are giving tendering tickets and say I have a tour at 830am.. they will say OK get inline.. YOU will be fine :)

I went back to carnival and tried to find the lady's post again and cannot find it. Thanks for all of the information. Maybe I misunderstood and it was one of the other stops.

This makes me feel a lot better. I will go ahead and book with A-Z. Thanks for your help.

I went back to carnival and tried to find the lady's post again and cannot find it. Thanks for all of the information. Maybe I misunderstood and it was one of the other stops.

This makes me feel a lot better. I will go ahead and book with A-Z. Thanks for your help.

The hours you state are the hours for Cozumel and yes, the Conquest has been tendering in Cozumel on and off for several months now. Perhaps this was where her complaint was about?

I was on the Conquest last week. We docked at Montego Bay, and we walked on and off the ship at our leisure. We tendered at Grand Cayman, but as someone else said, just go to the Toulouse Lautrec lounge early and tell them you have an early tour. They will give you a ticket for an early tender. We docked at Cozumel at about 9:00 AM and pulled out just before 6:00 PM.

Personally, I don't see why anyone would book tours/excursions from someone other than Carnival. If a Carnival excursion is running late, they will hold the ship for you. But if some other excursion fails to get you to the ship on time, tough luck. I also feel that Carnival will only offer excursions that are safe, and that is important to me. JMHO

Personally, I don't see why anyone would book tours/excursions from someone other than Carnival. If a Carnival excursion is running late, they will hold the ship for you. But if some other excursion fails to get you to the ship on time, tough luck. I also feel that Carnival will only offer excursions that are safe, and that is important to me. JMHO

Although we do book some excursions through Carnival, most we book privately. Why?

1) Some excursions we want are not offered by Carnival

2) Private vendors often offer smaller tours and better service

3) Private vendors are almost always less expensive, if for no other reason than they don't have to give Carnival a commission.

All day tours like Dunn's River Falls from MoBay I would never book privately. The chances of missing the ship are too great for my comfort, but almost any offering local to the port call is better booked privately. I have a watch and know how to use it. With proper research, missing the ship is the least of my concerns on privately booked trips.

We used A-Z in May and they were great. We walked off the ship around 8:30 and into the terminal building and they were waiting, holding a sign. We waited about another 20 minutes for some PAX who had not arrived yet then we were on our way.

I was on the Conquest last week. We docked at Montego Bay, and we walked on and off the ship at our leisure. We tendered at Grand Cayman, but as someone else said, just go to the Toulouse Lautrec lounge early and tell them you have an early tour. They will give you a ticket for an early tender. We docked at Cozumel at about 9:00 AM and pulled out just before 6:00 PM.

Does the Conquest dock in Cozumel at the downtown pier, across the street from the mall and Carlos and Charlies? I'm just trying to figure out where we will dock NEXT WEEK!!!!;)

Does the Conquest dock in Cozumel at the downtown pier, across the street from the mall and Carlos and Charlies? I'm just trying to figure out where we will dock NEXT WEEK!!!!;)

I believe that is where we docked when we were there last month. Lots of shops, etc. right there as you left the ship and walked down the pier. No troubles with doing things (excursions) on our own either. Only port that was tendered was Grand Cayman.

Happy Sails!

Yes, we docked at the downtown pier. The Celebrity ship was docked beside us. I noticed that the RC Rhapsody was docked quite a distance down from us, where shopping was limited. I felt fortunate to be docked so near the majority of the shopping.

We were on the Conquest last week. Arrived at the dock in Jamaica around 7AM. We were to meet A-Z Planners at 8:30. Got off the ship around 8, met the guide and then had nearly 30 minutes to shop until we left. A-Z Planners took great care of us. No problem!

Archived