Payment question

jamessa

I am getting ready to book a cruise on the Mariner and I am getting a cabin for me and my wife, which I will be paying for and I just called my mom to get her visa card information because they are also getting a cabin and she tells me that the last 3 numbers on the back of her card are rubbed off. Do they ask for those over the phone?

I would bet that they will ask for that number - and they probably will ask for some other way to determine that you are the cardholder. Some companies ask for the three (or four) digit number, and all confirm billing address (or zip). If they insist, you may be able to fax them an authorization instead.

If the number has worn off, your mother should probably call her financial services company and ask them to send her a new card. It happens all the time!

I agree with waterbaby about calling your CC company and getting a new card. It's no big deal, and you often DO need those security numbers.

However, I don't believe that I was asked for them when I paid for my RCCL cruises. (of course, my memory resembles Swiss cheese :))

I would bet that they will ask for that number - and they probably will ask for some other way to determine that you are the cardholder. Some companies ask for the three (or four) digit number, and all confirm billing address (or zip). If they insist, you may be able to fax them an authorization instead.

If the number has worn off, your mother should probably call her financial services company and ask them to send her a new card. It happens all the time!

She got a new one on the way today. It will be 2 weeks which is no good.

The CVV code is not required. It's preferred as a security measure for the merchant to get a better rate, but it's not mandatory. Merchants are able to authorize without it as it often rubs off or becomes unreadable.

I don't recall being asked for the code when we booked a couple of weeks ago.

Just call RCL and try. If they insist on the code, call your CC company and ask them for the code so you can make a purchase. They WANT you to make purchases and should help.

Archived