HOW quick is AUCKLAND final departure?

SwKnight

From times ship docks to be able to board a private tour?

I'm talking about the Princess Sapphire and trying to figure out timing.

Thanks in advance - appreciate any feedback - even the nightmare ones. I know that New Zealand has a tad of a Civil Serpent Attitude toward customs.

From times ship docks to be able to board a private tour?

I I know that New Zealand has a tad of a Civil Serpent Attitude toward customs.

You know? Been there, done that?

NZ Customs will not be your problem, unless you are trying to smuggle something.

NZ Immigration Services are not as arduous as US Immigration services. No need for finger printing etc.

The service that often surprises arriving visitors is the Department of Agriculture, which enforces NZ's requirements that no foodstuffs, plant material etc are brought into our country. They may require X-Ray of all your baggage, and have the power to impose instant fines. This is because our island nation relies on agriculture and cannot afford to run the risk of plant/animal diseases being brought into the country.

New Zealand does not have rabies, and has never had an outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease, and we want to keep it that way!

Prior to arrival in Auckland, you should be given forms to fill out. One is for Immigration and one is a declaration for Customs and Agriculture. Declare everything, don't take any foodstuffs off the ship (even an apple), and you should have no problems.

Perhaps the company with which you are arranging your tour can offer suggestions - based on their previous experience - of how long to expect disembarkation to take.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

Celle.

Archived