Least Expensive to Pt Canaveral

Rheaya

Hiya, I was wondering if anyone knew which airport was cheaper to get to the Port, Miami or Orlando? Also does anyone know how much approximately it is for a cab from Miami to Pt Canaveral and Orlando to Port?

Thanks so much for your time

It's DEFINITELY cheaper to fly into Orlando for a cruise out of Port Canaveral. Scratch the Miami idea. You have Southwest, Air Tran, Jet Blue, etc that fly into Orlando. You may need to tweak your home airport locations for better deals but don't tweak the cruise port airport.

Also, it's about a hour to Pt Canaveral from MCO (Orlando) and a VERY easy drive from the airport. It's pretty much a straight shot. The cheapest way to get to port is a one way rental through Budget, Avis, Hertz or Thrifty. They offer free shuttle from the Cape Canaveral offices to the cruise terminal. Full size car averages about $40. There is a Racetrac right before you get to the rental car agencies for a quick top off and pick up anything like water, beer, etc. You would be looking at doing 2 one way rentals for the cheapest transportation deal. If it's only 2 of you cruising then you might want to price out the cruiseline transfer - that might be your cheapest option. If there are more than 3 of you than I'd say rental car. Private town car companies run about $200 plus 20% gratuity. If you're cruising during a peak time then it might be cheaper to get a private town car company instead of renting a car. www.mousesavers.com is a Disney web site but there is a section on rental car deals at MCO.

Yep, I second everything Pusniski says. There are tons of airlines that fly into MCO. We fly almost exclusively Southwest, and they make tons of flights into Orlando.

We did the Budget rental thing when we were on the Glory, and it is the way to go. Even for two of us, the freedom to pick things up was priceless!

And a hint, just guessing here, but if you haven't made flight plans yet, be sure you fly in the day before. Yes, you have to pay for a hotel, but we have done the "fly in the day of" thing and the stress was unbelievable. We had bad weather the day we left, we were the last flight they allowed out of the airport that morning - shut it down after us. Saving a few bucks on hotel was not worth the stress at all!

Thought you might like this Port Canaveral Information:

If you are coming I suggest you rent a car. All of the major companies are here and will shuttle you to/from the ship.

Also any of the hotels listed for Cape Canaveral or Cocoa beach will be close to the port and most offer transportation. The new Country Inn & Suites is the closest to the port and it is $89.00 a night. Free Parking during your cruise and a $3.00 shuttle.

The Airport is about 45 miles from Port Canaveral.

Our biggest attraction (other than the ocean) is Kennedy Space Center. If at all possible try to take the time to go there. 1/2 day minimum, but you can spend a whole day without a problem.

Dine at the port! Fish Lips, Grills, & Tiki Hut are all great. Or go to the pier and try eating over the ocean.

These are the most common questions I get. Please let me know if you need anything else!

Archived