Family Suite

Carnival has no cabins that have family staterooms with two bedrooms.

The cat 11 & 12 suites are one giant room. SOme have partitioned off sleeping area/sitting area but no seperate bedrooms. sorry

Does anyone know if Carnival has a Family suite with 2 separate bedrooms? Similar to the Royal Family Suite on RCCL?

Thanks

On some ships you can get the connecting cabin doors......on Spirit class you can even get a balcony cabin with a connecting door to an interior cabin.......you get the view, the kids get their own space, you have twice the storage, 2 bathrooms and the price is probably comparable(or even less) than a cat 12 suite for all of you.

We are doing that in October on the Miracle....I think it'll be great!!

for our cruise the straight up website rate is $1059 x 2 for the Balcony and $749 x 2 for the connecting interior cabin....total $3616.00

for the cat 12 suite.......website price is $2149.00 x 2 for guest 1 and 2....and $489 x 2 for guest 3 and 4....total.................$5276.00

Add to this any........ 1 day sale, past guest, Military, 12 days of Christmas special.....and it's could be a great deal!

This is one of the biggest weaknesses with Carnival. Although the activities are family friendly, their accommodations are not. On the Spirit class ships, there are a few corner Cat. 11 cabins with connecting Cat. 8 balcony cabins which will accommodate 4 in some and 5 in others. We did this twice and the arrangement is fantastic. The problem is that the Cat. 11 is so fantastic that it is difficult to cruise in anything less.

This is one of the biggest weaknesses with Carnival. Although the activities are family friendly, their accommodations are not. On the Spirit class ships, there are a few corner Cat. 11 cabins with connecting Cat. 8 balcony cabins which will accommodate 4 in some and 5 in others. We did this twice and the arrangement is fantastic. The problem is that the Cat. 11 is so fantastic that it is difficult to cruise in anything less.
What cabins/deck did you have? The plans I have don't show any connecting suites to balcony cabins. Are you refering to the balcony dividers? I know of the balcony to interiors that are at the front of the ship......marvel1.gifwe have the 5106 thru 5112.

here's some picture of the cat 11 and 12s:

http://family.webshots.com/album/556242995IXbcfq

From your pictures I don't see a whole lot of difference from the 11s to the 12s. Is there?

We're booked in an 11 for the Miracle in March (dh, ds - teenager, and me). I've debated back and forth whether it would be worth it $$ wise to try to snap up a 12 if it becomes available but wondered if it truly would be worth the price difference.

Do you know?

Kim

From your pictures I don't see a whole lot of difference from the 11s to the 12s. Is there?

We're booked in an 11 for the Miracle in March (dh, ds - teenager, and me). I've debated back and forth whether it would be worth it $$ wise to try to snap up a 12 if it becomes available but wondered if it truly would be worth the price difference.

Do you know?

Kim

there wasn't a big difference in space. the 12 had a bigger couch and bath and a bit more floorpace. i'm too frugal to pay for either. i like to take more/longer cruisers so i spend my $$$ on an inside.

there's a thread discussing the differences between 11 & 12s here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=451059

Thank you Zaandam. This is exactly the information I am looking for. We'll stick with the cat 11.

Final payment is due on the 20th of this month, so I'm going to ask my TA to keep us where we are, but waitlist us for a corner AFT if it comes available (yeah I know - good luck! LOL).

Happy cruising and thanks again for the link and the info.

Kim

Both corner cabins on the Spirit class Main deck connect with the aft balconies. 4237 connects with 4239 to accommodate 5 and 4228 and 4230 will connect 4. Don't know why 3 won't fit in the Cat. 11s but Carnival won't allow it.

Don't know why 3 won't fit in the Cat. 11s but Carnival won't allow it.

Not sure what you mean here. We're in a cat 11 and we're three pax. Our cabin will actually accommodate four according to the Carnival site.

Kim

Thanks everyone for the information. I didn’t think they had family cabins, but I wanted to verify and I knew this message board would have the answer. We have done the 2 cabin thing in the past on RCCL, but didn’t have that option this time because we have to go out of Galveston because we live in Dallas and don’t want to fly anywhere. So, our choices are Conquest, Grand Princess, or Rhapsody so we picked rhapsody because we were able to get the family suite.

Again, thanks everyone for the info.

Thanks

I was referring to the aft corner wraparound Cat. 11s on the Spirit class which only accommodate 2. The other Cat. 11s will fit 3.

Ah thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll stop cruising the Carnival boards (no pun intended) for any aft cabin availabilities. We'll stick where we are.

Kim

Archived