Worried about tickets arriving.

Joyfredsblondecruiser

I will be on two cruises before I go on the Queen Marry and I know if they send the tickets late as everyone says Cunard does I will not be home to receive them. I wrote to Cunard about this and they said they would email me back but I have not heard anything from them. I am wondering if any of you have had this experience. I also no I have to have some form of proof to board the ship. Happy Sailing, Joy

I discussed this very question with the reservations in UK this week - given that I'd booked the January crossing at very short notice.

They told me that providing I had my booking reference then I could be found on the manifest.

Certainly at Southampton there are luggage labels available for those who (a) don't have enough or (b) have not got them for whatever reason.

I'm willing to guess that it would make for a stressful booking in, but that it appears to be quite possible.

Hope this helps.

If they send the tickets late as everyone says Cunard does

Cunard are a law unto themselves. You should get two sets of documents. The first is your pre-voyage information; Cunard say that is dispatched either two or three months before sailing depending on where you look. The second is your actual tickets; Cunard say 14 days before sailing. For this Christmas we received nothing at all until a month before sailing when we received both things at once - one a month late the other two weeks early.

They told me that providing I had my booking reference then I could be found on the manifest.

Last Christmas one of our party (not me:) ) almost forgot his tickets. Whilst waiting for a vacant check-in we asked the woman on the queue what they could do if that happened. She said almost the same thing, except that you could be found even if you didn't have your booking reference.

We are flying fromthe UK on the 23rd to join the QM2 and to date have still not received our documents. We are having to travel from Ireland originally the day before the connection to Miami. I contacted my TA last Monday and told the tickets had just been posted only to contact them again on Friday to be told they had not yet received them yet. After a short pause I was informed that in fact Cunard had sent them direct to me on Monday and we are still waiting for them.

Archived