Orlando to Glory at port ???

ffmikey

For those of you that have made the trip, how did you get from Orlando to Port Canaveral. We fly in late on Friday (10pm) and will be staying at hotel close to MCO. I have been looking at a private company to take us. Any suggestions?

I sailed Glory in April, and for me, it was worth the $50 R/T transfer through CCL from MCO to the pier. However, if it were more than just me, I might price some of the other options (limos, private vans, etc...), as it may be more cost effective. Hope this helps :)

If there are more than two people, it might be more economical to rent a car. We also flew in the day before. Budget has cars to rent right at the airport, we were able to rent for less than $35 including gas for an economy car. Gave us freedom to stop at a supermarket for last minute items, and it's an easy drive on the BeeLine to Cape Canaveral. Lots of signs, easy to get to for sure. Budget has a shuttle that takes you to the port from the rental drop off location, just 5 minutes to the port. Very easy and convenient.

We took the Carnival transfers when we went home - we flew out in the afternoon after our cruise, so we were not rushed to get to the airport. Even though it would have saved us a few bucks, we decided that at the end of our vacation we didn't want the hassle of renting and returning. Let someone else drive us to the airport. It was less than 50 minutes from door to door.

Enjoy the Glory! :D

We are sailing on the Glory in January as well. There are 6 of us ( all adults) going. I looked into getting a shuttle, well it would have costed us $58pp. So I started doing a search just to see what a limo would cost us and I found one!! It works out to $30pp including the tip. Mind you if it was from the airport it would have been even cheaper but, our hotel we are staying at is in Kissimmee so that was an additional 30 from there. The way I see it I dont have to drive or return a vehicle and I also get to ride in a stretch limo which I have never done before either. The cab...well lets not even go into the amount that would have costed us plus all of our luggage. Cant wait only a month to go and we are outa here!!

On a related note, I should mention this as well:

We used a limo service for our last cruise, from FLL airport to our hotel the night before we cruised - it was terrific! Nice just riding and watching the scenery, not worrying about maps, other drivers, etc. Leave it up to the professionals. I think we would do this again, especially in a "strange/new" area.

We did not do this from MCO to the port, however, so I didn't mention it before. I don't know who to use. You might want to check out the East Coast Departures board, there are lots of posts there about just this thing. :)

I flew in on Thursday. I rented a car from Avis. I stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach ($85/night on Priceline). I spent Friday at the Kennedy Space Center, which I highly recommend. On Saturday morning I dropped the car off at the Avis office in Cocoa Beach and took the free shuttle to the ship. The following Saturday morning I took the free shuttle from the ship to the rental office, rented a car and spent the day at Sea World. I then flew home that evening.

Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty all have rental offices in Cocoa Beach and all are within two miles of each other. Also I have read lots of good review of Art's Shuttle. You can get more information about Art's Shuttle at ...

http://www.artsshuttle.com/

Archived