VERY pleased to report that X cruisers observed the dress code

greatam

Just got home from the Infinity 14 night repo from FLL to Valparaiso, Chile.

I was VERY pleased that almost EVERYONE (you will always find one or two eccentrics) followed the dress code. Some fantastic outfits and one lady wore hats that were to die for every night (talk about a luggage nightmare).

I was really relieved. DH stated "no more cruises if people show up ready to go to a football game." He is strictly a Levi's and t-shirt guy. The ONLY time he gets dressed up is on a cruise and MAYBE one night during the year. He has always felt if he can put on the tux and jackets, so can everyone else. I'm sure a lot of compliance was due to the fact that it was a longer cruise and mostly 50+ pax. But it sure was enjoyable, with everyone in their finery. The food sucked and the ship broke down, but all in all, a wonderful cruise. X handled the breakdown SPLENDIDLY.

Just got home from the Infinity 14 night repo from FLL to Valparaiso, Chile.

I was really relieved. DH stated "no more cruises if people show up ready to go to a football game." He is strictly a Levi's and t-shirt guy. The ONLY time he gets dressed up is on a cruise and MAYBE one night during the year. He has always felt if he can put on the tux and jackets, so can everyone else. I'm sure a lot of compliance was due to the fact that it was a longer cruise and mostly 50+ pax. But it sure was enjoyable, with everyone in their finery. The food sucked and the ship broke down, but all in all, a wonderful cruise. X handled the breakdown SPLENDIDLY.

We are like you, and enjoy dressing up on cruises. BUT I sure wouldn't give up cruising based on others choice of dress! They aren't going to ruin it for me!

Sad to hear the food was poor...Celebrity is usually the one to count on for good food!

But it sure was enjoyable, with everyone in their finery. The food sucked and the ship broke down, but all in all, a wonderful cruise.

So happy you enjoyed your cruise. Personally, I'll take the good food and good ship first... and the rest of the passengers can dress for Halloween if they like... (actually that would be fun too) but that's just me...

I guess the Titanic must have been a great cruise too. :rolleyes:

Archived