Wedding at sea?

Hi and thanks for reading. I am 32 and new to both cruising and marriage :).

Long story short, I am looking for a wedding that is low stress and a nice vacation for all involved. I am looking for an at sea wedding officiated by the ships captain on a boat that isn't so big that getting on and off it is a giant ordeal (read: long lines). Is there anyone besides Princess that offers that?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Amanda

From what I have read and found seems like Princess is the only one that does "at sea weddings". I know for a fact that Celebrity does not. I do not believe that Royal Caribean does either.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Amanda -

If you are open to a port wedding, there are many posts here on CruiseCritic of various ports brides have married. Alaska, Bermuda, Barbados, St Thomas, St John :D , and several others where you can cruise from the US. Others exist if you are planning to fly out of the mainland US to your embarkation port. You can marry on a catamaran, in a helicopter, on a beach, in a gazebo overlooking the ocean, or at a villa overlooking beautiful sights. With a port wedding, you are not restricted to using the cruiseline's wedding coordinator group and can use whoever you want (if not marrying on the ship). That usually gives you many more options and for a more reasonable price. We originally thought of marrying on Princess and received the brochures, but fell in love with the beaches of St John...

Archived