San Juan US Air Checkin

nrunnion

Yes, Sign up on board, it cost ten dollars per person. You get your airline tickets and bypass check in at the airport. You get your luggage at the port and take it through customs, then you drop it off with the airline representative at the port and you don't see your luggage again until you get home. It really is the only way to go.

We flew US Air so I know they definitely had the program. I know there are a couple of other airlines that do this as well. I think United is one of them but I do not know if Continental participates or not. As far as making a 1pm flight, we disembarked picked up our luggage and cleared customs by 815 in the morning. It was not a problem getting off of the ship. Bill

We flew US Air so I know they definitely had the program. I know there are a couple of other airlines that do this as well. I think United is one of them but I do not know if Continental participates or not. As far as making a 1pm flight, we disembarked picked up our luggage and cleared customs by 815 in the morning. It was not a problem getting off of the ship. Bill

Good to know. Thanks Bill. I just booked our flights to SJ for our Oct 07 cruise. Found USAir direct flights from SJ to DC for 270 pp round trip.

We were on the Adventure 10/22/06 and Us Air did not offer this program on that sailing. I was told by a UsAir representative that they did not have the staff to store and transport the luggage. You could buy the transfer (bus service) to the Airport through RCI but a direct luggage transfer to USAir was not available, it was however available for other airlines. UsAir also did not allow us to check in at the Airport any more than 3 hours before your flight. Im not sure if this was that weekend only but in speaking with the Porters at the airport (who would store luggage for $3 a bag), they said that UsAir was lacking in employee #s and not offering the same services that other airlines in San Juan did. I would call UsAir and ask them.

Is this only for US air?? We are flying Contiental to SJ this coming Feb. Was wondering if they do this?? Our flight is at 1 pm so hope we have enough time!! Thanks!

Delta and American (I've used them both) have this service but I don't remember if Continental does.

Archived