The bug on the Sun

Shogun

Hi folks,

I see the bloke reporting live from the Sun was saying they were going mad on the hand washing not touching food, being served everything in buffet etc.

My question is if this bug only lives for a few days, why do they not start every cruise with this level of food safety etc, that way if some poor person has brougth it on board it will not have spread to a hundred others before they realise its onboard.

yours Shogun

Hi folks,

I see the bloke reporting live from the Sun was saying they were going mad on the hand washing not touching food, being served everything in buffet etc.

My question is if this bug only lives for a few days, why do they not start every cruise with this level of food safety etc, that way if some poor person has brougth it on board it will not have spread to a hundred others before they realise its onboard.

yours Shogun

I think you have a good point! While on the Golden last year, many people walked right by the hand sanitizer prior to the buffet. I would say at least 50% did not use it!!!! Why? I wish the person standing there would turn them away if they refused. Then, on 2-3 occasions, I saw young children (Maybe 8yrs old) in the buffet without an adult present. One kid dropped a serving spoon on the floor and then put it back into the salad bowl!!! I did get a staff member, but the next day he was helping himself to some cheese with his hands!!! Kids need supervision at the buffet. Also, if some adults refuse to use hand sanitizer, what is the point?

I agree with you. Lets use precautions BEFORE we have a problem.

Janet

I read somewhere recently that the hand sanitizers were only effective for bacteria, not viruses. If that is true, then using them will not stop the norovirus. I don't know about good old soap and water. I think it does.

Hi folks,

yours Shogun

If you are talking about Arlene's "live from" thread she has just started her cruise and Princess instituted "the hand washing not touching food, being served everything in buffet etc" from the moment they boarded. It appears Princess is being very cautious on the sailing. I just wish people would use a little common sense and not complain about those precautions.

Apparently noro is not just spreading on cruise ships but there have been several "land epidemics" in the news in the last couple of days.

Archived