Galveston Hampton or Holiday Inn

warm weather bound

When are you traveling? I will be cruising on the Grand Dec. 23 and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Sunspree pre-cruise. I can five you a review when I get back if that will help you. There are two Holiday Inns in Galveston, the Holiday Inn Sunspree and the Holiday Inn On the Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at both Holiday Inn's in Galveston. My favorite was the Holiday Inn Sunspree, it is newer I think and it was a little more upscale than the regular Holiday Inn (If using points they are the exact same amount). We felt the regular Holiday Inn was more kid friendly (tons of kids everywhere) where as the Sunspree was geared more towards adults (I don't remember seeing any kids except for our two teenage dd). But they were both great for the one night, both arcross the street from the ocean, both have all oceanview rooms. The sunspree has more nightlife with the bar right outside the hotel (swim up, walk up bar), there were alot of people there having a good time. We didn't eat at either hotel so I can't comment on that and we didn't need a shuttle (saw some though) since we had driven in from OKC. Hope this helps.....:p

Just spoke with Holiday Inn Sunspree (Forest) about parking and shuttle. They offer both, and the parking lot is secured so only guest can enter/exit and they have the shuttle that will take you and pick you up at the pier. Best part is that it is all FREE..............:D :D :D

Just returned from my cruise on the Grand Princess and stayed one night pre-sruise at the Holiday Inn Sunspree. We thought it was a great hotel. We could not truely enjoy the nice pool area since it was on the cool side, but I would definately recommend this hotel. They did have a scheduled shuttle at 11:30am but it was not free. They add a $10 charge to your room rate and call it the "cruise package." We just took a taxi because we wanted to go over before 11:30am and it was still about $10 after tip. I was told by a lady at the front desk that they do not offer a shuttle back. Their reason being is that people are all getting off at different times and its easier just for passengers to take a taxi back to the hotel. They do offer free parking in a secured lot behind the hotel. Hope this helps.

When are you traveling? I will be cruising on the Grand Dec. 23 and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Sunspree pre-cruise. I can five you a review when I get back if that will help you. There are two Holiday Inns in Galveston, the Holiday Inn Sunspree and the Holiday Inn On the Beach.

We have reservations at the Holiday Inn On the Beach next Sunday nite before saling on the Ecstasy on Monday. Never been there/done that, but they assured me that we would have free shuttle to and from the ship. As stated on their website.... "free shuttle to anywhere within 6 miles".... and they're located 4 miles from the terminal. They will give us a card when we check in with info/numbers on it, and when we return from our cruise and know about when we'll be disembarking, we should call and they will send a shuttle to fetch us. Our car will be parked in their "secure" lot for guests only free of charge while we're cruising. This all sounded good to me. And after an 8+ hr drive from LR, AR to get there with my mother in the backseat, I hope the bar is nearby and open!:eek:

Archived