toiletries in cabins..

TaraSal

Silly question I'm sure..but I always end up bringing shampoo, soap, etc and on other cruise lines, they have had it stocked in the room. Can I correctly assume that the Noordam will have shampoo, conditioner?

Thanks,

Tara

Silly question I'm sure..but I always end up bringing shampoo, soap, etc and on other cruise lines, they have had it stocked in the room. Can I correctly assume that the Noordam will have shampoo, conditioner?

Thanks,

Tara

yup that is correct. they will be there waiting for you when you arrive. :)

On the Veendam in a regular outside stateroom we had soap, shampoo and hand lotion, an assortment of the old Royal Dutch and the new Elemis.

Our room steward told us that bath gel and conditioner were for "suites only".

The shampoo was not replaced with a new bottle until there was about a millimeter left. The replacement of the soap was better.

Overall, the impression was that HAL is cutting back.

On the Veendam in a regular outside stateroom we had soap, shampoo and hand lotion, an assortment of the old Royal Dutch and the new Elemis.

Our room steward told us that bath gel and conditioner were for "suites only".

The shampoo was not replaced with a new bottle until there was about a millimeter left. The replacement of the soap was better.

Overall, the impression was that HAL is cutting back.

maybe I should make some extra room for shampoo, after all...or at least conditioner! We are in an SS category..thanks for the info..

Tara

The new Elemis products contains 2 different kinds of soap -- one for the hands and one for the shower/bath. It also contains a 2 ounce bottle of shampoo, 2 ounce ottle of conditioner (which is extremely difficult to get out of the bottle), 2 ounces of hand lotion and 2 ounces of shower gel.

We have had these products on all of our cruises (several different ships) for the last 1 1/2 years.

JMO - we don't like them -- DH is allegeric to the shampoo. So I am back to packing all our own supplies.

The new Elemis products contains 2 different kinds of soap -- one for the hands and one for the shower/bath. It also contains a 2 ounce bottle of shampoo, 2 ounce ottle of conditioner (which is extremely difficult to get out of the bottle), 2 ounces of hand lotion and 2 ounces of shower gel.

We have had these products on all of our cruises (several different ships) for the last 1 1/2 years.

JMO - we don't like them -- DH is allegeric to the shampoo. So I am back to packing all our own supplies.

I was in an inside on the Noordam and we had all the products, the shampoo, the shower gel, the conditioner, the hand lotion, two kinds of bar soap, and shower cap by Elemis. My wonderful steward replaced everything constantly so morning and night I had fresh supplies.

Just back today from our Prinsendam cruise in an AA cabin. We had the following Elemis products upon arrival: Shampoo, Conditioner, Bath/Shower Gel, bath soap and hand soap.

I loved them all! I used them the entire cruise and they were replaced daily by our amazing Cabin Steward (more about our entire cruise another time). It wasn't that I used them all up each day; I took them off their little stand and moved them to my little bag to bring home and so I could continue to enjoy the wonderful aroma and pretend I'm back on the ship:) .

I loved both the shampoo and conditioner, but I have short, fine, pretty curly hair.

Just off the Statendam and we had the Elemis products, the full line of them in an inside stateroom. If something were used up entirely, as in we'd made the bottle go away, we'd get a replacement during the 'morning' servicing of the room, though never with the evening servicing (unhelpful when one of you tends to be a morning hairwasher and the other an evening hairwasher - we were often without adequate shampoo for two people with long thick hair). We had two disposable shower caps as well.

I found the bath soap and the bath "gel" (it's very runny for gel) acceptable, but no better than your standard 'drugstore' lines (i.e. Suave, WhiteRain) as is the shampoo....just don't drop the bottle, it's like water and will be gone down the drain in seconds. Not good when cabinmate hasn't had a shower yet (and as per usual, our steward was invisible and useless).

I found the hand soap nasty-smelling and used the bath soap at the sink as well. The conditioner is *very* hard to get out of the bottle as well as very hard to rinse out once you do get it out of the bottle - it was only waxy, not conditioning. I was able to find our usual brand in a chemist in our second port, thankfully.

The lotion was thin, runny, and had a weird scent - not something I'd want on my face at all.

If our steward had told me that gel and conditioner were 'only for suites' I'd have laughed at him all the way up to the front desk, that's ridiculous.

And whoever said don't lose the bottles in your bubblebath, I TOTALLY see what you mean about that cap! Ow!

LZ

• 1 month later...

We just upgraded to an SA..silly question; is bubble bath a toiletry, and if not..do they allow it? I know some hotels dont appreciate the messy residue and of course, the occasional use of 'too much'. ha.

We just upgraded to an SA..silly question; is bubble bath a toiletry, and if not..do they allow it? I know some hotels dont appreciate the messy residue and of course, the occasional use of 'too much'. ha.

The Elemis bath/shower gel that HAL provides is very nice and foamy, and makes for a pleasantly luxurious bath experience. Your room steward will replace it as needed. Just fyi, to save you schlepping your own.

Karin

• 3 months later...
The Elemis bath/shower gel that HAL provides is very nice and foamy, and makes for a pleasantly luxurious bath experience. Your room steward will replace it as needed. Just fyi, to save you schlepping your own.

Karin

Love bubble baths....is this still accurate for the Noordam?? Or should I bring our own bubble bath?

Archived