What to do in Mexico - Carnival Pride

Catmomma

I am heading out on the Pride on 1/18 and I am a newbie to this part of Mexico. I am now looking at the excursions and they all seem very similar even though there are 3 stops. Any suggestions?

The first stop in Acapulco has a excursion to go to a sea turtle sanctuary. Anyone done that one? What do you think?

A little about us: 30 something couple, not uber adventurous but willing to try some things (atvs are too much to take on but willing to kayak for example). Heading down there to celebrate our birthdays. Not big drinkers and into eco tourism, hiking, photography.

I didn't think the Pride went to Acapulco - I thought she just went to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. :confused: That is certainly the itinerary she's doing right now, and also the itinerary she's doing in April when I go.

Whatever itinerary you are doing, MrDood had it right - check out the Mexican Riviera board for loads of good tips for all the ports of call.

• 2 weeks later...

Catmomma!!!

We were on the Pride a couple of years ago in early Feb and several years earlier on RCCL. There is lots to do in the ports. If you are into city tours or countryside tours they offer them in Matzalan with visit to small towns and factories. In Cabo, you can also go to San Jose de Cabo for a real small town with less tourism unless the tourist hotels have reached all the way there. We did whalewatching in Cabo and it was very good with lots of sitings and a good tour. We also did the Safari Tour in PV in big 4x4 mercedes trucks with crazy tourguide. Good tour thru several small towns with stop at church and tortilla factory, down thru private ranches, to small rainforest. Then on to beach and a big BBW with several other truck tours. Nice day, with plenty of laughter and crazy people. Still learned a little about the people and some eco.

Randi's Happy Horses on Stone Island is very popular tour and a fun low key way to see Mexico from 50 years ago. Ride on the beach and lunch at Victors is nice way to spend a few hours.

Archived