MV Discovery - Grand America Cruise Jan 1, 2007

patkusps

• 4 weeks later...

My two cents. The agent for Aerolineas told us that we would be allowed 1 piece each. At the airport, however, they didn't even blink an eye when we presented 2 pieces each both from BsAs to Ushuaia and on the return trip. We used medium and small duffel bags so that nothing looked oversized and each piece was well under the weight restrictions for our international flights on United Airlines. (The doctor on our ship and his daughter were charged a $100 fee for the Ushuaia - BsAs flight, but not only did they have really large pieces, they were way overweight as well.)

Thanks, h2so4. My plan is to take one bag down [with the boots] and to leave the boots on the ship after the cruise. I also plan to have a collapsible duffel to check on the way back if needed.

By the way, your screename brings back memories of college. I was a zoology major and chem minor.

You will be able to pack the parka (if they give you one) rather than wear it on the way back. That was the primary reason we loosely packed two pieces each.

Enjoy your trip - it is a fantastic place to visit.

You will be able to pack the parka (if they give you one) rather than wear it on the way back. That was the primary reason we loosely packed two pieces each.

Enjoy your trip - it is a fantastic place to visit.

Yes, they do give a parka as part of the trip cost. I will plan to bring it back.

I do plan on wearing a lighter weight zip out lining parka down from home since it will be winter here and also I have a precruise extension to Pategonian glaciers.

Thanks again for your advice and the great review you did on the SA board!

Archived