PLEASE HELP! Need to know about Hotels in Tampa

Shellyld6

PLEASE HELP!! Info on Tampa hotels and info..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really could use some input. If this isnt where Iam supposed to post this I apologize now.. I have searched post after post to find the answers but cant seem to find them..

1st question is We are porting out of Tampa looking for a hotel would like to book w/ priceline or hotwire to get a good deal but I need to know that if I book with them for a 3* or better that we will have airport and pier shuttle.How can I find this out first?

2nd ?Is where is the closest place to stay to the pier would it be downtown or westshore. how much is it for a taxi ride from either place if no shuttle? Any and all info would be great.. Thank you and if you could write a list of info on hotels w / wo shuttle I would be happy to do more research .Thanks again

Downtown is closer. Since you seem to know about Priceline, look at the hotels for Tampa downtown as posted in the listing on BiddingForTravel. You'll be able to determine which ones have free pier shuttles as well as the downtown hotels. As you know with Priceline/Hotwire, there is no determination of which property you will receive if successful.

FYI, I have done some testing, there is availability on Priceline at $59 on Dec 28 and 29 in D/T Tampa. These dates were my interest. The property I feel one would get (no guarantee) is the Hyatt as the reviews not overly favourable.

Westshore has free airport shuttles at many hotels. Use the same strategy for research. Use Mapquest with addresses to plot hotel to pier to get your bearings.

I'm sure you will find the perfect hotel for you using this approach.

Thank you Ken ended up getting too frustrated and ended up going w/hot wire got 4 rooms for $69 + tax $88. total ea. and got the

Wyndham westshore any info on that hotel. Have read some like it some dont.Any onee with info on shuttles to the port would be wonderful....

What is this close too? If no shuttle how much is a taxi or bus ??Thank you

The Westshore area is fine. We stayed there at the Embassy Suites in October.

The taxi ride from the airport to the port is $22. From a Westshore hotel it will be $20.

There will be a free shuttle from the airport. Most hotels in the Westshore area have free shuttle service in a 3 mile radius. (The port is 8 miles from the Westshore area.)

We loved the Tampa area and the embarkation was a breeze. Have a great cruise.

Archived