Roll CAll - Russian Waterways July 18, 2007

2travelers

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, could you share why you selected that cruise? Or cruise company?

We are looking them over, and it is difficult to make a choice, but we want to do the Russian river cruise . . . what factors made you select the one you did, or -- why not others?

Thanks, Roger Dodger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Roger: After a quick check I found my original post. A CC member named Unberwoob responded and told me to check his post of August 11, 2005. He said it was on page 11, but I am sure that has changed since last July. He gave a review of the trip which I printed off for my husband to read. We booked right after that. Hope this helps.

Ronnie

Hi Buckland: I will certainly indulge you! Here is the itinerary, we are doing it from St. Petersburg to Moscow, but the same trip is also reversed.

Day 2, 3, 4 are in St. Petersburg. Day 5 - Mandrogui - a day of leisure, (but famous for vodka production :). Day 6 the village of Kizhi (16th century); day 7- Goritsy- historical town; Day 8- Yeroslavl- they say it rivals Moscow..built 1000 years ago; Day 9 - Uglich - Ivan the Terrible used this town for attacks against the Tatars; Days 10 -12 Moscow. First and last days are for the flights to and from. I am assuming that the highlights of course are St. Petersburg and Moscow, but I might be pleasantly surprised....who knows. Almost all of the tours are included, but there are a few optionals, like the Moscow Circus...all meals are included. This will be a slow-paced easy cruise, so I am really looking forward to it since we have spent the past 8 years doing intensive land tours and port-heavy cruising....six months to go - I need to start packing!.

My husband and I took a St. Petersburg to Moscow river cruise with Vantage in July 2005. This cruise was without a doubt the most marvelous trip we have ever taken. We are even considering doing it again. The trip was so all-inclusive, if we had not chosen to have an occasional cocktail, a cup of coffee while on shore and buy souveniers, we would not have spent a nickle extra. The cabin was small and the bathroom a little different, but these were really no problem. The food was outstanding. The crew delightful. We would do it all over again with Vantage.

My husband and I took a St. Petersburg to Moscow river cruise with Vantage in July 2005. This cruise was without a doubt the most marvelous trip we have ever taken. We are even considering doing it again. The trip was so all-inclusive, if we had not chosen to have an occasional cocktail, a cup of coffee while on shore and buy souveniers, we would not have spent a nickle extra. The cabin was small and the bathroom a little different, but these were really no problem. The food was outstanding. The crew delightful. We would do it all over again with Vantage.

Archived