NCL's web site. Good or Bad?

lynnemac

Count me in with a big negative too. There is just too much wrong. I won't enumerate because that's already been done but my biggest complaint is not being able to get sufficient info on pricing and availability to make a booking decision. I have no interest in calling their customer service to get poor information from people who are not knowedable about their product. I usually book cruises ahead about a year but I've given up even trying for a 2008 cruise. I'll wait until they fix it.

Someone should start a poll and give NCL a real wake-up call.

It's not easy to navigate and it doesn't do everything a cruiseline website should do. I would love to log in and see my reservations from a home page. I don't want to go through entering my 8 digit number, sailing date, last name, initial each time for each reservation. It's crazy. Why can't you log in using your name and password, and see all of them at once? And why can't they include a link by your reservation number for pre-registration? It's all so spread out it drives me nuts.

My sentiments exactly! :eek: This drives me CRAZY because I'm looking for my cabin number every couple of days. I booked a GTY and am anxious to find out where they placed me!

Yes, I know you can go to the old site to do a cabin and price search, but what about those who don't know about the old site or aren't members of CC and can get the link?

What is the link to the old site? Is it still up and running? I'd much rather use the old site, maybe I'd finally be able to pre-register!:eek:

Thanks for any help.

theonlyjoie- Thanks for the link to the old site. It's soooo much better when you want to check out a cruise.

Unfortunately, it doesn't get you to the old home page so I can't click in anywhere to pre-register. Oh well, at least I can still check on cruises and do a decent search.

Maybe they'll get the new site together before I leave.:p

my biggest complaint is not being able to get sufficient info on pricing and availability to make a booking decision. I have no interest in calling their customer service

I agree, I much prefer the old site. Besides not beong able to see cabin availability, I can't see a price for 3/4 passenger. I don't want to wait to speak with someone only to find out that what I would like is not available.

Donna

I still can't see a way to BOOK shore excursions. I can read all about them but I can't find how to REGISTER......help! I booked an excursion for 2 of us using the old site in September, now 2 more in our party want to join us and we can't get to it.

I could be wrong but I believe the New site has been up since the new marketing plan was introduced back on the 2nd of October. Therefore it has been over two months of "fixing" and heavens knows how much in lost sales from folks who simply give up and go to ther lines where they can get answers. Tough to spend millions in advertsing trying to drive people to a web site that is so hard to use that it drives people away.

Woops, my fault. I've only been cruise searching for the past 4 weeks or so, and I didn't realize that the site available now had been up and running for awhile. It must have just been a coincidence that the same day their site wasn't working properly and things looked like they had changed, I found this post and assumed that there were newer changes being made. For instance, there was no drop-down menu under "Ships" that day and I had to click on it to bring up a new page with a listing of the fleet. Sorry guys, I'm clearly just the new guy butting in!

I will throw my two sense into this one. I think that NCL did a very poor job on the redesign. I have had a hard time finding what I am looking for. I still have not been able to find the listing of the crusie deals. I have found myself giving up a couple of times when looking for things on the new site. They would be much better off switching back to the old one. Of course this is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

<snip>... I think that NCL did a very poor job on the redesign. I have had a hard time finding what I am looking for. I still have not been able to find the listing of the crusie deals. I have found myself giving up a couple of times when looking for things on the new site. They would be much better off switching back to the old one. Of course this is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

A-HA! Dennis Miller strikes again:p

LMAO:D:D

P.S. You are entirely correct about the new NCL site.:(

I thought it was me /or my computer. I can not do a thing with the new site. The "old site" was great. I don't go there any more. My next two cruises were booked before the change over. I will have to see if I can reg. on line. That is going to be interesting. I do miss all the "fun" I would have at the site.

We were so looking forward to the new advertising on T.V.. The ships are decoratred with so much color, I think they should have saved some for the tv ads and the new site. In spite of it all we love cruising and with NCL.

The new site is pitiful! There are poor links, no links, complicated searching, lack of info...the list goes on and on....I hope they haven't paid the web design team! They should be fired for launching it with so many problems. The usual way to improve a website should be to test it behind the scenes with a random group of users who will help them create a site that will work and be user-friendly. This is inexcusable and amateurish! Why bother having a website at all if you cannot provide complete access to booking and reservations! Pitiful!

Hope this helps

Individual Reservations

New Reservations, Gift Orders, Payments, General Questions, Documentation Needs

Phone

Mailing Address

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida 33126

Hours of Operation

Mon-Fri: 8am - 10:30pm EST

Sat, Sun: 9am - 9pm EST

Absolute worst web site I have seen. I can't imagine a legitimate service did it. Must be a relative.... very young one.... well maybe not.... If it was new web site, I'm sure glad I never visited the old one.... Hope their shipboard service improvements are better then the site.

I agree the website needs some help. I went round and round in circles trying to find the booking engine for at least an hour. You would think that would be a priority.

There is a booking engine???? :confused:

Please tell us how you found it:confused:

Still waiting for cuccicruisers to tell us how they found a booking engine....I've gone round and round that new awful website and there doesn't seem to be a booking engine....perhaps it was a dream?:)

Still waiting for cuccicruisers to tell us how they found a booking engine....I've gone round and round that new awful website and there doesn't seem to be a booking engine....perhaps it was a dream?:)
There is a booking engine on the old website

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/home.cfm

It seems to be active; I'm researching $$ for Thanksgiving 2007 and I can go all the way through to entering passenger info. I didn't want to go further 'cause I'm still "shopping" for cabins & prices.

Happy hunting:)

Archived