Still need info from Recent Mariner of the Seas (Eastern) Scuba Divers

cruisinbb

Someone out there has had to have just got off Mariner (Eastern) and dove in Nassau and St. Maarteen. Just want to know if you dove in Nassau, what time Nassau Scuba Centre got you back to ship??? Did you like the dive in St. Maarteen??????

Again, these questions are only for Recent Mariner of the Seas Scuba Divers which did the Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks,

Barry B.

If last Thanksgiving is "recent" then I qualify.

I didn't dive in Nassau during this trip because there was not enough time to do a separate dive. On another cruise (Sovereign of the Seas 3 day to the Bahamas) I dove in Nassau with DiveDiveDive. They picked me up at the dock at Noon, drove to their dive shop, loaded the boat and went diving. There were only eight of us diving so we had a small group. We dove the wall at the tongue of the ocean plus somewhere else on the reef and were back at the boat by 5:30. Here is a link to my photo site.

http://community.webshots.com/user/seajaycj

Since the Mariner stayed until the wee hours of the morning, we had plenty of time to go back ashore and shop, and sightsee. If you insist on diving at the Mariner's Nassau stop, you have to go with the ship's scuba trip which are generally cattle boats (which I don't like).

I didn't dive at St. Marteen because I had heard the diving wasn't that good. However, I did two shore dives at St. Thomas at Coki Beach with Coki Beach Dive. I was the only diver going out so I had a personal tour of both the east and west reefs by the dive master. Again, they picked me up at the dock and drove me to the beach. Had to take a taxi back ($6)but there were plenty available as the beach is right next to Coral World which is a big tourist attraction. Unfortunately, I mis-sealed my camera case and ruined my camera for these dives and have no photos to show.

If this is your first cruise on the Mariner, you will love the ship.

I have dove with Nassau Scuba Centre and it wasn't a "cattle boat".

They were great! I just need to know when Mariner passengers got back.

We are doing Coki Beach and are glad to hear you enjoyed it.

bb

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to look thru some of the older threads. I understand the diving at St. Mateen isn't that good, that's why I dove at St. Thomas instead.

I suggest you investigate freeing willie.:D

Free Willie!! St. Martin is not a good diving spot and absolutely not recommended by anyone I've ever spoken with about it. No, I haven't dove there myself, I prefer to go to Orient Beach when in St. Martin. ;-)

Archived