shuttle- Orlando to Port Canaveral

elon mom

Probably $30 or less. Use Thrifty, Budget, Avis, or Hertz. They are all very close to the port. You will also pass some convience stores if you need anything. They will all take you to the ship. Any of the local shuttle companies will charge about $70 per eprson.

Carnival wants ~$70/person for the actual transfers. You can rent a Car for $30-$40 each way. Thrify, Dollar, Avis, and Hertz have shuttles from Cape Canaveral to the port. Just make sure to look becuase I have seen where the dropoff site is actually Melbourne Itnl Apt. There are NO shuttles from there to the port. We are going with 6 of us in January and are renting a van for $100/day. $200 is better than ~$420 with tips. Plus on the way back take an extra night and stay in Cocoa Beach. We always do.

I have been researching transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral for a while. There are four of us and we are going to pay $40pp round trip through Arts shuttle or Spaceport. To me its a no brainer the rental car we would need would cost us $65-$75 each way for the extra $15 we are taking the shuttle. Much less of a hassle.

Harry

Harry your info is a little off. All of the afore mentioned car companies are within 10 minutes of the port. There are no drop charges on a rental from MCO. When you leave the airport it is a straight shot to Cape canaveral, not even a turn. This is the no brainer. It is easy to get a car for about $30.00. Re check your shuttle prices. I dont give advice from memory in someother port even though I have been to them all. Only where I am sure and when I can see the port from my office window.

I am sure you mean well but get your facts straight before you post!

PSB-you said the fare is $70pp using shuttle I am asuming you mean 1 way-this is wrong. It is $20pp one way-I have talked to the shuttles and confirmed it. I checked prices for rentals and could not find anything even close to $30 that will fit 4 people and all the luggage. If I can get a car that will do the job for $30 I will rent it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for your input

Harry

We booked transportation with carnival from Orlando Airport directly to port canveral and back at a total cost of $140.00. According to our paperwork, gratuity for the driver is included.

I did a quick look at Budget, Enterprise, and Thrifty rental services and could not find a quote of less than $57.00 one way. I also had difficulty finding a place to return the car close to port canaveral. I do admit to being new at this but did ultimately came to the conclusion that for us on this particular journey, it is reassuring to know that our transportation to and from the port is not something we have to worry about. So perhaps this time he extra money that we spent was worth it.

If you can enlighten me on how to book one way travel from Orlando to Port Canveral (especially - what one would enter as the 'drop off point') for the car it would be very much appreciated for future use.

We booked transportation with carnival from Orlando Airport directly to port canveral and back at a total cost of $140.00. According to our paperwork, gratuity for the driver is included.

I did a quick look at Budget, Enterprise, and Thrifty rental services and could not find a quote of less than $57.00 one way. I also had difficulty finding a place to return the car close to port canaveral. I do admit to being new at this but did ultimately came to the conclusion that for us on this particular journey, it is reassuring to know that our transportation to and from the port is not something we have to worry about. So perhaps this time he extra money that we spent was worth it.

If you can enlighten me on how to book one way travel from Orlando to Port Canveral (especially - what one would enter as the 'drop off point') for the car it would be very much appreciated for future use.

Just booked thru Budget the other day. It was very easy only took a couple of minutes. When booking all you have to do is check the box on the first page that says something like is this one way. Then it will ask you where you are dropping the car off at. Here you need to put in Cape Caneral not Port. I would tell you what it really says but the website is down right now for updating. But it is really easy to do. Good Luck

PSB-you said the fare is $70pp using shuttle I am asuming you mean 1 way-this is wrong. It is $20pp one way-I have talked to the shuttles and confirmed it. I checked prices for rentals and could not find anything even close to $30 that will fit 4 people and all the luggage. If I can get a car that will do the job for $30 I will rent it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for your input

Harry

Harry here is a link for Art's Shuttle and it clearly says $70.00 one way.

http://www.artsshuttle.com/AirportRates.htm

Just booked thru Budget the other day. It was very easy only took a couple of minutes. When booking all you have to do is check the box on the first page that says something like is this one way. Then it will ask you where you are dropping the car off at. Here you need to put in Cape Caneral not Port. I would tell you what it really says but the website is down right now for updating. But it is really easy to do. Good Luck

I agree Budget, Thrifty, Hertz and Avis are less than 5 minutes past the enterance to the port. Trust me I work in Port Canaveral.

Archived