Anyone stay at McKinley Village Lodge in Denali (not Chalet)

mpk

we stayed at McK Village 2 weeks ago. Sorry, don't know who owns it. Our tour guide called it 'rustic'. Well compared to a suite a Sophie Station, it was; but the rooms were fine. IMHO

We stayed there on our just finished cruisetour on the Summit...Yes, the owner of both is Aramark...Our tour dropped us at the Chalets for lunch, then we went to the Village for the night after our late ending Tundra Wilderness tour. It is off by itself and remote...Rustic in look, but actually quite nice when you consider the whole thing...but there are no amenities anywhere near it...and it pales in comparison to my favorite hotels on the tour:

#1: The Talkeetna Alaska Lodge--absolutely breathtaking views of McKinley...even from our room

#2: The Alyeska Prince Resort--Fancy, scmantzy elegance...

Thanks for the info. I've been trying over the last few months to get into the Chalet, but it has been booked solid. I've all but given up.

I was nervous about the Mc V because the website shows a picture of the outside and of the restaurant- but curiously, no pictures of any rooms. I'll now assume that it was an oversight. The Alyeska is a 4 star hotel and a former Westin property. Ok, the Mc V doesn't have to be *that* nice out in the middle of Denali ;) I'll just wait until I get up there to see what the rooms look like.

The part about not having any amenities around it could work out. Being from the city, that could be my only chance to see the milky way...

mpk, the room itself was very nice...not big, but big enough..and it was well maintained and in great condition...By no means was this a dive--I would book it on my own. The little town around the Chalets isn't exactly much either...one small strip of gift shops with a "Subway"...The Grande Denali, up on the hill near the Chalets, looked pretty nice as well...I might consider them ahead of the Chalets...

As to the Milky Way, yes, I guess we might have seen it from there--IF IT EVER GOT DARK!!!

As to the Milky Way, yes, I guess we might have seen it from there--IF IT EVER GOT DARK!!!

Dohhh! Right you are. Obviously, I've never been to Alaska. Oh well, the Milky Way will just have to be some other trip...

Archived